Crypto

Hi,

I am wondering if there is anybody in Davao City who has experience in crypto and able to give me advice on choosing and setting up private wallet.

Andrew

You have to find one that isn't run by:

Someone who isn't going to die and leave no way to access his laptop (I believe that ... ermmm)

Someone who isn't going to see a fat sack of cash and do a runner

Someone with an unhackable system

Haha!
Thanks Fred..

You're in Java?

They only know of "Kapa"  Poor buggers taken by a scam.

Easy, buy btc local at coins.ph, trade btc on exchange for altcoins. Secure with hardware wallet (ledger)

Thanks Mike

On his weekly comedy/talk program, HBO's Bill Maher
commented Friday night on actor Johnny Depp's  victory
in the widely-followed defamation trial that just concluded.

Bill Maher:  "Amber Heard, according to the court,
now owes Johnny Depp $15-million in damages. 

"She says she's going to pay up
in her new cryptocurrency --
Sh**-coin."
At the time of the OP's post July 2019 Bitcoin was selling for $9820 USD.

April 2021 Bitcoin reached $64,863 USD

Bitcoin today June 2022 is $30,249 USD

Bitcoin volume in trading last 24 hours: $37,296,420,988 That's 37 Billion USD

Bitcoin market cap (value of all Bitcoins) $576,449,600,988 That's 576 Billion USD

The peso today is trading at 52.96 to US dollar, it would take P1,601,984 for 1 Bitcoin.

April 2021 it would have taken P3,435,144 for 1 Bitcoin.

Market cap P30,528,770,842,427 for 1 Bitcoin, that's 30 Trillion plus
At the time of the OP's post July 2019 Bitcoin was selling for $9820 USD.
- @Enzyte Bob

We all know it's possible to make money on bitcoin. That ability isn't disputed.

However, the fact it's manipulated by a few and most lose their shirts is also worth considering.

It's a scam - a very special one, - but still a scam.
Dear Enzyte Bob,

As a resident of the Philippines, apparently  the only country to use the "peso" in the Eastern Hemisphere, you may be presuming that use of pesos is restricted to your island country.

Not so.  Seven countries here in the Western Hemisphere have currencies called pesos.  The value versus the U.S. dollar varies widely amongst the different pesos.  For instance, the Mexican peso is about 20 to the dollar whereas Colombia's peso
is about 3800 pesos to the Dollar.

-- cccmedia in Quito, Ecuador (where the U.S. dollar is the national currency),
      OP of this site's Colombia Forum thread 'Dollar Domination' about the
      fluctuations of the Colombian peso against the dollar.
And I just found out yesterday that the small country Andorra where my wife is visiting. Does not except Philippine peso to be converted to Euro thru western union, I have to send it to Spain and no problem, I found out that the reason, the Philippines is used a lot to launder drug money
Dear Enzyte Bob,

As a resident of the Philippines, apparently  the only country to use the "peso" in the Eastern Hemisphere, you may be presuming that use of pesos is restricted to your island country.

-- cccmedia in Quito, Ecuador

Greatings cccmedia in Quito, Ecuador,

As I'm in the Philippines posting on the Philippines Expat, I'm addressing other Expats in the Philippines or others having an interest in moving, visiting or living here.

You are presuming that I'm presuming. . . .which is incorrect. The purpose of my post was two fold, (1) the volatility of Bitcoin in Dollars (USD) and (2) The massive amounts of Pesos in Philippine currency to purchase Bitcoins.
You are presuming that I'm presuming. . . .which is incorrect. The purpose of my post was two fold, (1) the volatility of Bitcoin in Dollars (USD) and (2) The massive amounts of Pesos in Philippine currency to purchase Bitcoins.
- @Enzyte Bob

This is where a world view loses out against local views on a local forum.

Of course, you are presuming that he was presuming you were presuming. At least I'm presuming so.

Greetings, Enzyte Bob in the Philippines.

---

Here's the latest from Bill Maher from his
latest HBO comedy/talk show...

Bill Maher:  "The stock market has crashed,
or is crashing...

"On the bright side, y'know the guy at
the office who couldn't stop talking
about crypto .. has stopped talking
about crypto."
Greetings, Enzyte Bob in the Philippines.

---

Here's the latest from Bill Maher from his
latest HBO comedy/talk show...

Bill Maher:  "The stock market has crashed,
or is crashing...

"On the bright side, y'know the guy at
the office who couldn't stop talking
about crypto .. has stopped talking
about crypto."
- @cccmedia
Bitcoin on November 9, 2021  $66,972
Bitcoin on June 18, 2022. . . . . $19,220

(1) Elon Musk bought 38,200 Bitcoins for $1.5 Billion on Feb 8, 2021.
(2) That $1.5 Billion purchase is now worth $734 Million about half.
(3) His all time peak value was $2,558,330,400 That's $2.5 Billion.

(4) Elon emailed me this afternoon and wanted to borrow $4.58 for a Happy Meal.

On Nov 3, 2021 you could have purchased a Tesla with one bitcoin, today maybe hubcaps.
I'm guessing Elon bought a sackload of bitcoin just before he said his company would take them, then ditched the lot to mugs as soon as the price peaked.
Of course I'm not suggesting he manipulated the market in order to shaft fools, but I'll bet a good few mugs out there are using what money they have left to buy a nice, soothing ointment for their bum holes.
I'm guessing Elon bought a sackload of bitcoin just before he said his company would take them, then ditched the lot to mugs as soon as the price peaked.
Of course I'm not suggesting he manipulated the market in order to shaft fools, but I'll bet a good few mugs out there are using what money they have left to buy a nice, soothing ointment for their bum holes.
- @Fred

The thing I can't understand why Elon's Tesla or any other business would accept Bitcoins payments with the  volatility it has shown.

Years ago, when in LA to renew my wife's visa, I gassed up the car before returning to Las Vegas. The gas station/convenience had an ATM bitcoin machine. The bitcoin price was $9900 and I wondered who would make such a purchase.

Let me see, I'll take one 5 hour energy drink, a bag of Doritos, a bottle of Gatorade and better throw in a few Bitcoins.
"QUOTE"
“It's about time we exit this artificial world of predictable massive liquidity injections, where everybody gets used to zero interest rates, where we do silly things where there is investing in parts of the market we shouldn't be investing in, or investing in the economy in ways that don't make sense,” he said. “We are exiting that regime, and it's going to be bumpy.”

El-Erian
An American economist and President of Queens' College,

"UNQUOTE"
The thing I can't understand why Elon's Tesla or any other business would accept Bitcoins payments with the  volatility it has shown.
- @Enzyte Bob

Obviously this is just a guess because I'm only a dumb peasant from a craphole town in Yorkshire, but I would suggest you open your mind to the possibility he never intended to take bitcoin, more take take a bunch of mugs to the cleaners by  buying, inflating the price with his announcement, then selling high.

Others hold the same opinion
Many of our readers here will not be aware that Mr Musk co founded the online payments platform Paypal.
I think its safe to say that he knows his way around all things digital and is way ahead of the curve.

By the way my mother was from Scarborough - many a happy holiday spent on the north bay with bucket and spade ;)
By the way my mother was from Scarborough - many a happy holiday spent on the north bay with bucket and spade wink.png
- @Lotus Eater

There was a terrific hot dog stand next to the lifeboat station on the south beach.
Just looked on Google street view - the hotdog stand is still there.
However, there's no sign to say they take Bitcoin.
I am from West Yorkshire and spent many happy times in Scarborough but have to say that I prefer Filey and Bridlington