TOURIST TAX

Under the proposed law, a levy of RM20 is imposed on any person leaving Malaysia and travelling to other Asean countries, and RM40 for those going to other countries.
Implementation of the levy was deferred to Sept 1.

However, it was reported that air travellers leaving the country to Asean countries in economy class would be charged RM8 while business class and first class passengers will be charged RM20.

Those departing to non-Asean destinations in economy class will pay RM50 while those flying in business class and first class will pay RM150.

For example :USA UK EU or AU totally unfair.

On July 2, Deputy Finance Minister Amiruddin Hamzah said that departure levy is likely to be implemented in September, saying the Government would consider the departure levy segmentation based on seat classes of air tickets.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/ … exyzT1A.99

Another tax for against non Malaysians. Why did I sign up for MM2H first they have the double standard for entrance fees. Non Malaysians can afford it so let's charge them double. Umm hello the rest of the world is not rich. Us fixed pensioners are on a budget. This is just another money grab.
I'll be looking at the SRRV in the Philippines. I threw away $2k on this stupid MM2H. Every time I turn around the Malaysian Gov't is adding another tax on foreigners.

And it will mostly likely not stop, but probably increase.
This tax will also be applied to any travelers out of Malaysia. But higher for non Asean countries.

They've already bunged a tax of RM 10 per night on hotel stays - Looks like they're out to mess up their tourist industry.

Yeah what they did to the MM2H program took all the benefits away and now this they won't be attracting too many tourists or MM2H applicants.

One has to wonder what's behind the suicide attempt - I suppose the new government sees their massive advantages their tourist industry has and assumes they're indestructible.
Arrogance is usually a bad idea and, if other countries in the region are on the ball, it'll hurt Malaysia.

Yep I am already planning on skipping Malaysia already.
Keep
Doing what they're doing they won't have a tourist industry. High alcohol taxes on beer wine liquor. Now airport  tax.
All the other ASEAN countries you can a acheap beer
for .at the store maybe 1.50 in the bar???
I almost regret now filing for that mm2h.
Oh well