Permanent Residence (Card type B)

Hi,
I completed my five years of residence in Belgium, not sure if the five years is completed for My residence card. I came in June,2013 and I have applied my B card in July,2019.
Can there be any problem if B card is applied some time  before the residence card 5 years ? May be 5 years through card get completed next month or so.

Thanks !

For your information, the date counted to 5 year is the issue date of your first residence card, not the date you entered the country.

Commune accepted my application, didn't know about this rule. Came across it while going through a thread on this site.

When ministry processes your application, if the date criteria is met, you are good.

Coolstallone wrote:

Commune accepted my application, didn't know about this rule. Came across it while going through a thread on this site.

I don't want to discourage you but the staffs at commune are always knowledgable about the rules.

My first application was accepted by the commune and rejected by the federal authority due to 1.5 month short to meet 5 years.

Good luck!

After that, were you able to reapply ?

hoangtrunghieu wrote:
Coolstallone wrote:

I don't want to discourage you but the staffs at commune are always knowledgable about the rules.

My first application was accepted by the commune and rejected by the federal authority due to 1.5 month short to meet 5 years.

Good luck!

Correction to my own post: <<the staffs at commune are NOT always knowledgable about the rules>>

Coolstallone wrote:

After that, were you able to reapply ?

Yes, I reapplied B card right after receiving A one (by default when first application rejected)

Hello,

I have a tricky situation here as well.

I first came to Belgium in 2014 June.
(1st RP start - 25 Aug 2014).

I had to go back to india in Dec 2016 (RP - Cancelled Mid Dec 2016)

Came back in July 2017 (RP start - 10 Jan 2018) (Delay due to 1000 commune)

and still in Belgium employed with a belgian company.

How and where can I check my eligibility for a 5 year working permit. Due to my gap in between the situation is confusing and tricky.

My employer is not aware about any of these clauses and just keeps on filing 1 yr WP.

I will indeed check with the commune but any insights would help.

Regards,
Rohit.

Rohit45 wrote:

Hello,

I have a tricky situation here as well.

I first came to Belgium in 2014 June.
(1st RP start - 25 Aug 2014).

I had to go back to india in Dec 2016 (RP - Cancelled Mid Dec 2016)

Came back in July 2017 (RP start - 10 Jan 2018)

Regards,
Rohit.

Hi,

Maximum gap is 6 months.

Thanks for the revert.

6 months gap is the time for the RP or it is for my date on exit and entry in Belgium.

My WP gaps was 5 months and my RP gap was 1 year.

As you degistered, the counter starts again from Zero when you enter again. This is wht I know. You can doublecheck with the commune.

Yes a deregistration means a gap and you now start you're new 5 yr calculation from the issuance date on your ID card - so XY - Jan - 2018.

thanks for the update everyone.
I will also check with the commune in the meanwhile.