Recommendation for International Schools in Kuala Lumpur

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I am a Sarawakian. My family & I are planning to move to Kuala Lumpur by end of this year and I am looking for schools for my 2 children, age 15 & 13. Currently they are studying at an international school in Miri.

I have been looking at a few international schools website and I understand it is better to go to the school and have a look. Before doing that, I would appreciate if anyone could help give me recommendations on the international schools in Kuala Lumpur.

I have shortlisted a few already. Taylors International School, Puchong, The British International School, Alice Smith School, HELP International School and Wesley Methodist International School.

I hope I can get more reviews on these schools before I shortlist again more to which I should pay a visit with my children before we settled in Kuala Lumpur end of this year.

Appreciate much and thank you.

Wishing everyone a lovely rest of the weekend!

Val

Hi Val,
The schools you have listed vary enormously in every respect: price, location, student nationalities/teacher nationalities; academic records; co-curricular opportunities. In fact I think you've got one school from every price tier in there!

Depending on your eldest child's date of birth, they may be joining Year 10 and beginning their IGCSE studies. If so - and if you can't enrol for a Term 1/August start - I'd be focusing on the schools that start in January so that he/she doesn't miss any examination content. IGCSEs are very demanding and every week counts.

Please PM me if you'd like more specific help/guidance.

Cheers

Hi.

Thank you for your advises on the school's and arrangements.

I am also concern on my daughter's Y10 and considering looking for school with their 1st term starting in January 2020.

Will continue to look up for more informations.

Thank you so much.

Have a great weekend!

Val

Out of the schools you have listed, only Taylor's begins in January. Best of luck!

Thank you so much. I guessed I have got my answer 😊