How to get my cheating Venezuelan boyfriend out of my apartment?

Long story short, I let my boyfriend who is Venezuelan with no paperwork stay in my apartment in Bogotá .

I found out some bad stuff and I want him to leave my apartment, he had never paid one peso for rent, his name isn't on the lease he doesn't have a passport and i want him gone. He signed a legal paper agreeing  to leave in June and he signed but ripped up the paper and refused to leave. I don't know much about Colombian law, but how can I get him out of my apartment?

Home me literally doesn't help out at all and doesn't want to stop cheating, but I don't know how to get him out. In the US I'd have to get him legally evicted, except him being illegal would make it easier in the US.  But in Bogotá I have no clue how to go about this process, but I can't keep living like this.

Again he's a Venezuelan with just an expired cedula (no passport) never paid rent or help in any capacity, name isn't on the lease.

You could first talk to your landlord, explain the situation and take his/her suggestions into account.  And this page may at least give you a start:

https://www.legalapp.gov.co/temadejusti … n_de_hecho

Each of the four tabs that you click on - ¿Que Hacer? , ¿Dónde Acudir? , Alternativas , Tenga en cuenta...  has steps outlined in a nutshell as to what you can and can't do, and how to get the legal process started.

As well just do an internet search for
colombia como quitar ocupante ilegal
...and you will get many helpful links as well as become familiar with the Colombian Spanish terminology used for your situation - from both sides:  How as a tenant to retain your rights and not get thrown out, and how as a landlord to protect your rights and evict non-paying tenants.

Unfortunately Colombia does give in my opinion too much protection to squatters.

joselowe wrote:

I let my boyfriend who is Venezuelan with no paperwork stay in my apartment in Bogotá....

I don't know how to get him out. In the US I'd have to get him legally evicted, except him being illegal would make it easier in the US.  But in Bogotá I have no clue how to go about this process, but I can't keep living like this.

See an attorney who deals with landlord-tenant issues and knows the procedures available to you.

The police may also have an idea of how to deal with the alleged trespasser/freeloader.

cccmedia

I thought this kinda thing only happened to us old single male gringos

Hope you have learned your lesson about Latin males..

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Is it legal ?
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Have you solved the problem yet, or is he still there? Does he ever leave the apartment to run “errands”? How about changing the lock when he leaves. Or talking to the landlord as was suggested and basically telling the landlord you are not willing to pay rent with a squatter in your apartment  for fear of your safety.  Maybe the police can help (you may have to pay them). I'm sure they can get this guy out of there. I hope this helps. Lesson learned and just be picky from now on. There are a lot of good Colombian men, but like I said, just be picky from now on. Good luck.

First thing I would do is go out and find a new apartment to rent. Not too close to your current one as you may run into him on the street and he might just follow you back to the new one. Send him out to run some errands that would keep him out for a few hours. Be prepared in advance to pack and move in a hurry. Hire some help or ask some friends if needed to do it in time before he gets back home. If you have a trustworthy friend to help you pack for the move and you  think you may run out of time before he comes home, go outside casually and wait If he arrives before they are done, take him to lunch and tell your friend to tex you when it is all done. Then go to a grocery store and ask him to go find a few items for you. When he does and is out of sight, make a fast exit from the store and grab a cab. There is always cabs outside of stores.  He will search the store for you and never think that you left and took a cab. Call the landlord and let him know you no longer live there and will not pay any more rent. When he comes back and sees that your stuff is gone, he will get the picture and never know where you went. Let the landlord throw him out on the street. He will  know how to do it because he will want to rent it out again. I hope this may help you.

Im curious. Has the Venez boyfriend problem been solved yet? Youve been offered some very viable solutions......Ive got one more as a back up scenario.....A new and BIGGER novio.........

Talk with your Landlord and explain your situation and then Terminate your lease or rental agreement
Good Luck

If he is NOT on the lease, it is very simple.  He has no rights to be in the apartment without being on the lease...it is that simple.....I had the same problem with a Colombian guy I rented a room to......he had NO lease or contract...I changed all the keys to all the locks-doors he had ....I took his stuff put it all into a box, taped it up......I asked him when he could pass by...I then let him know his stuff would be outside the door based on the time he said he would pass by and let him know that he needed to pick it up then, asap, before it was stolen.  He came by with the police but since he had NO contract and I showed that he was  NOT on the lease...........he had NO choice but to get the hell out, and I did NOT have to let him in.............the police agreed!!!!!!!!!!!  VICTORY!!!!!!!!............I did not talk to the landlord, they do NOT want to hear about problems and what could happen is that the landlord could kick your ASS out!!!!

If the VZ is on the lease, then you have a problem, then the only way out is for you to move out and get lost!

Joselowe, You can call me if you want and I will guide you..****......you can also take out a protective order.  I am also on WhatsApp

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

....Why are you all still wasting your breathe ?

Dean Johnson wrote:

Why are you all still wasting your breath?

Friendly -- or at least, cordial -- discussion of forum topics is encouraged here.  Posting a snarky, rhetorical question does not assist the OP and has a chilling effect on potential posters.

We invite you to review the forum rules of conduct.

cccmedia
member, expat.com experts team

Just make a favor to the country, call the migratory patrol in bogota 6055454

Well, the normal thing to do is call the nearest CAI 112 from your cellphone or landline and say the police this person is staying at your place against your will  and you want him out rightnow, don't waste time in lawyers, just call the police if they do'nt do anything because they know the guy, or feel pity because of his situation then call immediately the migratory patrol, in few days he will be back in his country.
Why to do this? because if you don't he will want revenge and if he crossed the border like this once he can do it again and come after you, so be sure the migratory authority knows about the situation,  it will not be easy to him the next time he want to cross the "trochas"

If you don't speak enough spanish just let meknow I can call or I can write you in Spanish the right words.

Good luck with this.