Residence permit for my husband

My husband is British and am Mauritian. We would like to move to mauritius and can you letvus know how easy/difficult to obtain a residence permit for my husband.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Male spouse of a Mauritian
http://passport.govmu.org/English/Resid … ermit.aspx

My spouse visa was ready within 3 months of application because they needed extra documents. But I only managed to make a trip down 1 year after application to collect it since we are living abroad :)

We are in UK, can I go on my own and deposit all documents and come back. When it's ready we both go and get it and stay there?

Nope, you can. Requires both parties to apply for spouse permit at level 2 of Stirling House in person. Same for collection.
I suggest to treat this as a mini vacation ;)

Hello
Since You are a Mauritian National, It should not be that difficult for your husband to have a residence permit.

If you want more details, please contact me on ****

Thanks

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for safety reasons.

Hiya guys, 

My husband is Irish and I am from mauritius we are planning to move to live in mauritius in a couple of years.  at present we live in the UK but can we apply for his residence permit now or we have to wait when we are ready to leave here.

thank you

You can apply for his spouse visa now.

http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … -Visa.aspx

Quick Answer.... EASY

theres a load of documents you need  birth certs marriage etc etc etc

probably the most important one you need to get organsied before you come is a police statement you have no problems with them

ALSO  your certicites need to b apostle signed

fet the form for it and start to read the requirements

any help glad to

Sue

Thank you Sue.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory

Hi Disha

Let me know i can contact you. WhatsApp ??

Hi Disha can I add you on wattsapp. Marie Annie. It's for my husband's residence permit.

I applied on the 13th of august and received it on the 1th of October. That was amazingly fast i couldn't believe it

Hi is there a time period you have to wait before applying for a spousal permit? E.g for newly weds

Hi is there a time period you have to wait before applying for a spousal permit? E.g for newly weds

No waiting period, you can apply anytime.

I applied for mine 1 week after and got within 4 months.

Great thank you, did you apply during the COVID season..I'm wondering if there are any delays?

Hi there,

Is there a particular amount that you need or should have in your account for" Documentary evidence of financial means for the upkeep of oneself and that of your family (which should include latest Bank Statement, pay-slip, pension-slip and etc).",

When making the appication?

hi i am mauritian and my husband is uk 

you need to get the form on line and review ALL the paperwork required to produce
]some of it in duplicate and some Apostled

most of it you will have in te uk so prepare it before you come

as irecall one of the documents is a police statement that theres no offences

as i say get the form and look at the list

if we cna help anytime come back to us

SUe