Sports physiotherapy

Hi there,

I am sports and MsK physiotherapist from NZ . I
am wanting to move to Dubai in the next couple of months. I seem to be able to find a lot of hospital based positions but would prefer to work in a private practice setting or even a gym facility. Does anyone know of any companies looking for sports physios or sports trainers? Or could point me in the direction of a good job finding site?  Also is anyone a physio working there and wouldn't mind answering a few questions?

Cheers team!

Well, as you already have found out, your specific field has limited application in the UAE. 

Yes there are gyms but the level they are at vs. the western world, is very basic and off the top of my head, I can't think of any that offers on site physio support.   There are national teams as well but again, sports is not a big big area in the GCC vs. the west and the jobs for physios are there but very few and vacancies don't happen quite often.

You can work in private practice but you have to find one to be employed by or set up your own which is a lengthy process after due accreditation by the health ministry.   My advice would be to take a hospital job, get on the ground, settle in and understand the market and then you can decide which way you want to go.