Short stay Visa with belgian consulate taking too much time

So what ?

Hi Phipiemer,

Just wanted to know if there is anything i can do as its been already 2 months and counting.I have applied for a Short stay visa for my parents.I made the request on May 6 and on 8 may it was sent to belgian consulate. When i check the status on the ibz site i see "In treatement" with the same info regarding the document and diplomatic bag. I havent received any email from them asking about any documents. Apart from that when i called them they earlier said everything is ok with the file but now its completely 2 months and the status is same.The travel dates have passed aswell.Wondering what to do in this case.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

As has been explained many times on this site, deadlines can vary enormously because administrative services are overloaded. The delay can vary from one month to six months ...

The responsiveness of the administration will depend on the quality of your file. The more it will be complete, the sooner it will be processed. Whenever the administration has a doubt about a document/information, the file goes back to the bottom of the stack ...

So as it is repeated all the time, make sure that you have sent all the documents requested by the consulate.

There is no way to speed up the process.

So i have to wait..:(

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)