Sense of humour in Kuwait

Hello everyone,

Should we set out to explore Kuwaiti's culture through its sense of humour? Indeed, if one is planning to settle in the country, it is best to understand the cultural codes governing humour in order to avoid any faux-pas.

What is special about the sense of humour in Kuwait?

Is it acceptable to joke about any situations?

What is typically funny and what is absolutely not funny?

Are there any popular comedians in Kuwait and how would one be able to discover them (stand-up shows, festivals, internet, etc.)?

What is the funniest joke you have heard in Kuwait?

Please share your experience,

Bhavna

as an up-and-coming stand up comedian in kuwait, it is best to enter the arena with an open mind. there are certain rules to follow, no politics, no religion, don't mention anything that causes kuwait to viewed in a negative light.

and the best way to find comedians is youtube.

i agree madam with you ?
i also follow up you.you can ask me any question.
here are all sense of humour

Hello everyone,
First of all thank you,
Allow me to explain my thoughts, since I came and landed in Kuwait si many months ago almost 10, my experience has been awesome all through. Since I arrived here I have never came across any member of expat.com but I have been able to use my local guide experience and expertise from back in my country Kenya🇰🇪🇰🇪🇰🇪. Which has enabled me to settle and cope up with the systems of this beautiful country Kuwait 🇰🇼🇰🇼🇰🇼🇰🇼. I have been to so many places including Gust, Mahboula, Salmiya, Hawalli, Salwa, Surra, Yarmourk, Al Jahra(Where I currently live in and work nearby) , Kuwait City,Khaitan, etc while spending most of my off days atvthe shores on the beaches of Marina, Green Island, Kuwait Towers, SourqSharq Fish markets, Bneid al ghar, Salmiya Beaches etc. All this has been due to the noble idea of local guide while promoting the tourism industry.
I appreciate the opportunity for joining this group but to be sincere it isn't what I expected. I have been able to make friends from different places and cultures all because I am an extrovert whom likes sharing ideas,views and friendships is part of my favorite thing.
Well, regarding the issues of comedy and showcasing of talent here in Kuwait it depends due to different types of people and factors including religion. I have never come any comedian unlike in our country where stand up comedy pays alot hence sorts out the issues of unemployment.
Regarding the cultures and other factors it's really hard for me to narrate anything to do with comedy which of course I better showcase to the people I know well and understand them rather than just anybody which might end up received wrongly.
If only the Kuwait could be having those cultural centre where such events are held and embraced it could be better. I am an acrobat and gymnast but I only rarely practice it while at the beaches not to interfere with the laws of the land.
  Therefore the so many restrictions and laws in this land prohibitive to growth and naturing of talents that in other countries are practically practiced and governed well while being endowed and embraced by alk people regardless of where one comes from. It shall always remain in the dreams of the future and many whom yearn to showcase their talents but are unable to.
I can write and write but at least I have elaborated on my minds so far all this remains a dream.
Thank you

My thoughts,
Well, regarding the issues of comedy and showcasing of talent here in Kuwait it depends due to different types of people and factors .I am proud that to stay in 2nd home here.
I personally not OK with comedaying or criticising in public.

Regarding the cultures and other factors it's  very respectable culture here.  at public places we respect with the laws.
  . It shall always remain in the dreams of the future and many whom yearn to showcase their talents but are unable to.
The local people are very generous to accommodate other expats to work and live here. Its hard to find a good country like Kuwait.

Thank you

If you want stand up comedy, Pakistan is the place.
  Comedy in the gulf is situational, like Mr. Bean, more than telling jokes.
  Believe it or not my favorite color is comedy channel is in KSA.

There is a page in Facebook "Dubailad"  which features comedy skits..
Really funny😄

Nice discussion