Residency Card, Business bank account, Driver License,

Hi People,

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me with the above subjects.

I'm a U.S citizen, and have formed a 100% American company here in Oman. I need to get my residency card, so I took the Medical Exam, and now waiting for the results. I have a two year visa in my Passport.

Can someone tell me the procedure with Resident Card? Where should I take my Medical Exam Results next, and what are the next steps?

After getting my Residency card, I will need to Open Business and Personal bank accounts. Can someone tell me the process of these as well?

And lastly, I need to get a driver License here. what are the steps for that?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you very Much

Hi JohnUS88,

Freelance / Part-time Omani PROs are available. You need to hire one such person to help you out with all things official. Without the help of the local (Omani), nothing much can be done, since everywhere, Arabic will be the primary language of communication.

Does "100%" mean no Omani presence or participation in your company at all - no Omani partner, or sponsor ?

It's been quite a number of years since I was last in Oman and things have changed considerably .

As already advised you will need to get yourself a PRO to do all the face to face admin but at some point I dare say the Ministry Of Manpower will need to see your credentials and even have to be approached by a potential employer, just to get permission to make an approach to you with regards to employment, never mind getting the go ahead to do so and then when you get the job, there's the medical ( or was) that's a preliminary to getting your residency card cum Green card

There use to be and may well still be the British Businessmen's forum, that met once a month that could advise you more ( try the British Embassy or British Council ( use to be in Medina Qaboos) for details.

You own Embassy ought to be able to advise you, with regards to the above, and as a US citizen you may need to exchange your US  driving permit for an Omani one, with out the need to take a test.

Again, try your Embassy for advice on this.

Also, you make mention of  having your own US/Omani company.

Unless things have changed, you will need an Omani sponsor / partner , so I strongly advise you to check this out.