Working in Netherlands

Hi people,

I am new here!
Also new in the Netherlands.Moved three weeks ago to start my new life with my partner.
Trying to find a job since the first week that i am here but it is not going wery well,i don't speak Dutch!Even for a simple job they ask if i know Dutch.

I just need help from someone that knows more,how it is possible to get a job?It doesn't matter where it will be,i will travel.
I already tried with all the job agencies that say that are for non Dutch speakers(everywhere Dutch is required).

Thanks for any kind of information!

Hi and welcome on board AnitaMK!

In what field are you searching? What are your experiences?

Regards
Armand

Hi Anita,

Welcome to NL!  I just have a question first.  Were you already approved for your visa to stay here?  Usually that takes a few months to hear from the IND, and you will get a letter of approval and then another letter letting you know where to pick up your visa card (verblijfsvergunning).  It's required that you have this approved before you can legally work here in the Netherlands.  Also, you will have to do a Dutch language and integration course (inbugeringscurus), but you can do that during the day or at night (at least I think you have those options wherever you live).  You will get information from your local gemeente (town hall) once you're registered as living here.  I strongly encourage you to begin learning Dutch now because you will need it to find a job here, as you are already finding out.  Also, I encourage you to take the Staatsexamen I for your inburgeringscurus because this is geared more for people who would like to study or work here in the Netherlands.  It's more focused on learning the language here, which is great.  I just passed my exams, etc. in January.  It wasn't bad at all!  By completing this course, you will receive a certificate which will show that you have a certain level (B1) or Dutch, which is an MBO-opleiding level.  This is good to have when you are looking for a job here.  I would also encourage you to go to an uitzendbureau (job agency) and ask them to help you.  If you have a diploma from outside of the Netherlands, it's also a good idea to have it registered here so you will also know how it compares to the Dutch educational system, etc.  This will also help gear you in the right direction regarding applying for jobs. 

Hope this helps!!
Jess :)

Hey Jess!:)

Thanks for your reply and all the advices!:)

It is nice to be here,expecially after all those travelings Macedonia - Holland for both of us.
Well i did all the things,first i had to take an exam in the Dutch embassy in my country.After that we send the request to IND and for our luck it was aproved after only three weeks(normaly takes three months).
I have all the necessery documents for working,now the health insurance too,just i need job before i start my own bank account.And then i am all set :)
For the Dutch classes they will start very soon and they said that maybe after a year i will be on level B1 or B2(i wonder).
But i will do my best!I am also starting with private classes next week,and that will be my first serous thing that i am doing here.

Congratulations for your exam,that is something!:)

I have on exam left to get my diploma in Medicine and then things will deffinitely change.
But untill then the job agencies they can't really help me because i don't know Dutch.

Few days ago i found a vacancy that i thought,ah this is that :).Macedonian was required ,unbeliavable!:)But i live too far to be accepted.
Also was thinking for voluntary jobs,like the red cross here,so we will see how it will be.

And how it for you here?:)Do you like it?

Greetings,
Anita :)

Hi Armand,

It doesn't really matter as long as i can work something.

Greetings,
Anita

Hi, its interesting to read all this. I am getting married in a few months and looking for info with regard to working in the Netherlands. Anyone have advice?

Thanks

Chantelle Bosch

Hi Chantelle,

Good luck with getting married! :)

I have just one advice for start :).
Learn Dutch as fast as possible,that is must do!Without Dutch you can't really find a job.Only if you are lucky.
Even for basic jobs they have requirments because there are some safety regulations that almost every company have.And they ask you to do an exam before you start working for them.

When are you moving here?

Greetings,
Anita

Hi Anita

Thanks for the advice. I am studying Dutch at the moment.

I can believe that they are strict with language, its natural that they would want to protect their culture.

Not too long from now, 3 to 4 month or so.

Regards, Chantelle

Hi, I am a student i live in den haag looking for any kind of services for you my lady cleaning job,babysitters... . I have experience and am responsible and trustworthy. I speak frensh and english . my number is 0685727221,

Hi nouhanito!

Please post in Netherlands classifieds> Job section!

Thanks and regards
Armand

Zdarvo Anita,
Prv pat mi se slucuva da najdam nekoj od Mk na net. I jas sum tuka so decko mi toj raboti jas seuste ne. Kade zivees vo Holansija? Bi mozele da se slusnime na scype ako sakas, pa ke podelime iskustva (vaska_popova).
Pozdrav

Hello mkgirl!

Could you please post in English on this Anglophone forum so that other members may participate.

Thank you,
Harmonie.

Hi everybody,

Languange is very important here, i have finished my basic nederlandse taal but it seems its not good enough. So i am going for the intermediate course now. I hope it will get me closer to talk in dutch fluenty, well at least can communicate with nederlanders. Since the cursus i am taking is really intensive and i could see the progress i've made from 0 until i able to go to the stores or restaurant and speak a little with them nederlanders, and i think i am getting better.
But.. actually there's a lot of international company that requirs you speak english (thats enough for them) you should try some job agencies for expats such as undutchable.nl, etc.

Goodluck!

Hi!

I am also interested in a intensive Dutch course. Any suggestions for any good courses? Anyone who has good experiences with a course?

Hi Idelisen,

SInce you're going to live in Delft, you should go to TU Delft and look for the international secretariat, they have a program for buitenlander (foreigners). The program is called Delftse Methode. They hae the intensive course, i took this one, we need 4 days in a week, from 9 am until 3 pm, the class is fulled with conversation. If i am not mistaken the intensive course costs Euro 700 something for 5 weeks. But they also have the regular one, like 2 days in a week with 2-3 hours class / day.

Since you're going to live in Nederland, i dunno permanently or just temporarily. But if permanently, you will need to do the statsexamen, the local goverment, they called it gemeente here will ask you to do it and have to pass the exam in 4 years.
Since they want you to pass the exam to live in NL then you can ask for them to support you for the course, they have other courses that takes 1-2 years to graduate, but i know that gemeente in Delft has TU Delft also in their course's list. So you can ask them to pay for your course in TU Delft :)

Goodluck!

Hi AnitaMK,
you can try this bvhos.nl, if you are interested of coz, my partner works there now just for a kind of start here in Amsterdam, becoz we also have recently moved to Holland, it's actually physical work mostly, but the plus is that
they don't require Dutch

Hi summera, thank you for your help!

I will certainly check it out! Sounds great that gemeente Delft will pay for my course :-)
Appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
Ida

Your welcome Ida