US Tax Transcripts

Anyone request tax transcripts from the Internal Revenue Service ? I am preparing an immigration visa package for my wife. I will need tax transcripts in support of the Affidavit of Support. I am here in Brasil, can't very easily order online (IRS requires cell phone number to text an access code). Correios is pretty flaky here to receive snail mail. Has anyone here done this before ?

You can call them toll-free and ask how to get them. Also if you used TurboTax or another program you can download from there.

call the IRS international Hotline (Monday to Friday from 6 AM to 11 PM EST) at +1-267-941-1000
Good Luck
Jim

I use H&R block to prepare and file. All years can be saved and printed.
I believe you can sign up on IRS site and see returns.
Did she or you (or both save a copy?) That works also. I use it every year for banks as proof of income. Copy of financial accounts also. (Recommend redacting SS# on any doc given)
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Great ! I have used TurboTax for each tax year that I have been here in Brazil. I can go online and figure out how to download.
Thanks a bunch...

To access the IRS website you must have a cell phone in your name to which the IRS will text you a code for each time you attempt a log on.

Hate that. Can get an Vonage phone next time in US and have them give you BR#.
there is a thread on this that very helpful to me.