Rosarito or Ensenada?

Hi expats , we have lived in Playa Del Carmen and Ajijic. My other half needs to be close enough to get to a VA hospital and medical care center. We are looking at Rosarito VS Ensenada for a home . Can you help here if you are familiar and have lived in the area . Considering cost of living , medical care, amenities, expat community, housing , safety, transportation what are the plus and minus of each? We are a retired couple with a car who will be renting to start 6 months and I am a permanent resident. Thanks 4 your help

I think either location would work for you.  We are building a condo at Rosartio for about the same reasons.  There is a highly regarded small hospital in downtown.  But more importantly you aren't far from all the VA facilities in San Diego.  You will want to get a SENTRI pass for crossing the border.  We never really looked south of Rosarito.  When we found the La Jolla Excellence development we knew we had found our place.

Hi James ! Thank you ! I am looking at Rosarito but having problems finding anything but vacation rentals. What is the best way to locate long term rentals in the area? I have a feeling we maybe looking right now in a high season for your area? Thanks again for your help