Professional card inquiries for a contract

Hello everyone,

So I am planning ok moving to Brussels this summer.

I have a contract from my company « in Qatar » with a company in Belgium that has my name it as requested to do the work in Belgium.

It’s a 3 years contract with a considerable value

The company in Belgium suggested I apply for a professional card, went to the embassy here and got list of document to prepare.

My question is is there an average duration?

Also my wife got accepted in VUB in Brussels, can that help speed up the process?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

1. As far as I know from my experience -- max duration fore new applications is 6 month. I heard there were some approvals just in few weeks.
2. not sure about speed up this can increase probability of a professional card approval.

Regards.

Thanks.

Any tips on how to present the file?

From my experience:
Nice to have contract duration for at least 2 years.
Business plan for 2 years is also nice to have.
Add any supportive documents you have, like letters of reference, resume, certificates.

I applied for my professional card in January and was just approved on Tuesday. I hope to be able to pick it up tomorrow. It used to take 90 days, but now plan on 5-6 months.

deborahmbernstein :

I applied for my professional card in January and was just approved on Tuesday. I hope to be able to pick it up tomorrow. It used to take 90 days, but now plan on 5-6 months.

Thanks for your reply

Would you mind giving me a brief of what documents you provided? And do you pick it from the embassy?

Also is it better to apply with a company like Acerta when in Belgi7m or that only applies if you have residence?