Shipping a package between 20-40 lbs back to the US

Ok family, looking for a cheap way to send my box/package back to the US. I got quotes from FedEx, DHL, and UPS ranging from $200 - $130.

Does anybody now if the local post office will ship packages back to the US and provide a tracking number? Or, is there another shipping company? For example while in Costa Rica there was a local shipping company that made arrangements directly with the airline, and then I guess they would drop if off to your carrier of choice...I thought that was great and much cheaper.

Also, where can you buy shipping supplies e.g. Boxes, tape, labels, bubble wrap, etc.

I am currently on the North Coast for some R&R but will be back to SD soon.

I'm even open to finding something here on the North Coast too.

Thanks,
realkewl

realkewl wrote:

Ok family, looking for a cheap way to send my box/package back to the US. I got quotes from FedEx, DHL, and UPS ranging from $200 - $130.

Does anybody now if the local post office will ship packages back to the US and provide a tracking number? Or, is there another shipping company? For example while in Costa Rica there was a local shipping company that made arrangements directly with the airline, and then I guess they would drop if off to your carrier of choice...I thought that was great and much cheaper.

Also, where can you buy shipping supplies e.g. Boxes, tape, labels, bubble wrap, etc.

I am currently on the North Coast for some R&R but will be back to SD soon.

I'm even open to finding something here on the North Coast too.

Thanks,
realkewl

Yes, local postal office can give you the service and is cheaper, I returned 2 cellphones to a vendor in USA, they gave a tracking number for my package, both cellphones arrived with not big deal and was cheaper than Fedex, UPS and DHL