Family Visit short term Visa. Rejected

I am married to Belgian nationality since Feb 2018, We didn't have any plan to live in Belgium or to move there , I am working in Maldives for many years. we decided before two month that I should go and visit her family after her Grandmother was ill and admitted to the hospital.
We applied for Family Visit. I submited all the required documents ( My wife Invitation HR Letter, Bank Statements Maldives and Egypt , Monthly Pay Slip Insurance was made by the TLS centre , Flight Booking Ticket from Maldives to Brussels)
I applied  on 31st  March 2019
and the plan to fly from Maldives to Belgium 10th June
I got reply from the Visa centre on the 23rd June 2019 that my application rejected,
Due different reasons.
1- my insurance was only for 1 month and the Visa for 3 month as family visit!
However my plan was only for that time and the staff who handle the Visa application request to have the date of the insurance  the same like the flight.
2-  there is no grantee that I will go back to my country ( Acutely I don't leave in my Country ) and if I would run away and stay in Belgium I could have applied for Family Reunion.
3-Me and my wife we are not living together ( Yes because I am in Maldives and she was with me for 3 monthes and has to go back to take care of her grandmother)

Please if any one could give me advice why this dome situation I would be appreciated
Regards
Musto

As already explained in many topics, a poorly prepared file is always rejected.

And the officials are not paid to analyze everything in detail.

Let's take point by point:

- The medical insurance must always be in adequacy with the visa. Not with travel dates. Because imagine that you decide to extend your stay, which guaranteed to the Belgian state that you will always be covered? Nothing...

- Your professional situation --> You are Egyptian but you work in the Maldives ... It's rather special.

- The marital situation --> In theory, the spouses live together unless one of them is on a business trip of more or less long duration ... So who will join the other? This is essentially what the Belgian official asks ...

Now basic questions :

- Where did you apply for a visa ?
- Are you simply on temporary assignment for your employer or are you permanently residing there?
- You say that you have been working in the Maldives for years. For a local employer or a foreign employer? On your account or as an employee? Depending on the answer, the grievor will think that you have been on paid leave from your employer. So with certainty that you will have to resume work on a specific date ....

I can understand your frustration. But compared to everything that officials in charge of assigning visa applications see, yours is not basic at first ...

Thanks for your quick response, here is the answer of your Questions:

Where did you apply for a visa ?

From Cairo  which is my home city, since no Belgium Embassy in Maldives or Sri Lanka!

- Are you simply on temporary assignment for your employer or are you permanently residing there?

I am permanent staff with a good position and attractive salary

- You say that you have been working in the Maldives for years. For a local employer or a foreign employer? On your account or as an employee? Depending on the answer, the grievor will think that you have been on paid leave from your employer. So with certainty that you will have to resume work on a specific date ....

I am working for international company ( Resort & Hotels)  as an employee, Yes that's true I was on Paid leave and that was stated clearly in the HR letter with the full information about my salary and position.

Note: when we got married I submitted similar documents from my work to the embassy to get no Obligation letter to get married and we stated clear that she will be living with me in Maldives.
and She came and stayed for 3 months after that she left back to Belgium  to take care of her Grandmother.

We are really disappointment:
-the insurance was made at the Visa centre TLS and the staff who handle the visa application,  demanded to have the dates the same like the flight booking.

- I would love to have insurance longer but I am sure that I will not extend because I need to go back to my work.

- I retrieved my passport from the embassy because my first vacation end without  any notification because I have to go back resume work and I informed the embassy  and they said if I need to complete the application I have to pay extra fees. I went with my wife I collected the passport and paid 108 L.E.     
- The decision was made after the departure date,  after my vacation was already started and I changed my plan instead of flying from Maldives, I came to Cairo  assuming that if it will be reject they would have done it earlier.

It is really silly to say that I didn't demonstrate that I have strong ties in my home country and no body contact me for and interview , or contact my wife or my work.

If I would have to stay there and to do not come back ( we could have applied for Family Reunion instead of stay illegal in strange country)

Ideally, you should have applied from your country of current residence which is Maldives (or the consulate that covers Maldives -- https://india.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/ … e-maldives).

And a very well written cover letter explaining your situation (why are you going, what is your status in your current country of residence, your family situation) would help. It is the applicant's responsibility to be as perfect as possible and leave no room for doubt in the application file.

Hi Musto,

Aneesh summarized your problem in one sentence. You have filed your application in the wrong place. That's why it was rejected.

It is clearly explained / demonstrated on this website that nine times out of ten a visa file is rejected because of the applicant.

Take everything back to zero with the good embassy and ask for the right visa. Because if you are together in the Maldives, why ask for a family reunification visa? Because the first goal of this type is to obtain the authorization of stay in Belgium ...

You should have applied for a tourist visa that you would have been granted without problem!

Regarding your travel insurance, I do not think you would be ruined with a cost of one euro per day ... https://www.axa-schengen.com/en/axa-sch … engen-visa

Thank you for you comment
but , that was not family renunciation it was just a family visit.
Tourist Visa, they would have said the same thing because I married,  I would not come back!
to go to India I need another vacation to travel and submit my application there which cost me ( Ticket up and down , Hotel, food and etc..)
I applied from Egypt  because I have my own apartment and I visited my family and it was ease to get thing done from.
in other countries it is recommended to apply from home country.
I was expecting  to have an interview but was nothing.
I expected to ask for more documents but nothing.
I expected to contact my work also nothing.

I had conversation today with TLS visa centre staff about the time of the insurance, she cleary said they have instruction from the embassy to have insurance covering the time from arrival and departure.
I believe the decision was made quickly without any verification.

Dear Musto,

You can turn the discussion in any way you want, the fact is there. You were refused because your request was poorly formulated and filed in the wrong place.

By laziness or ease (you choose), you decided to apply in Egypt. It's like me who am a Belgian working in Ghana, I went to the Belgian Embassy in Brazil to apply for a visa for Japan ...

Now, your name will appear automatically with the mention "already presented and refused". Because of this, many visa officials at the  foreigner's Office will not even take the time to look at your file.

This is exactly what we are many on this website to remember constantly:
- 9X out of 10, it is the plaintiff's fault that the visa application is rejected
- Read the instructions of each state where you apply for a visa
- Always ask embassies / consulates first before listening to others ...
- Read the articles already published on our website

Thank for your comment !

I really liked your sentence  (your request was poorly formulated)

Regards,