Exit Visa

I am flying to the US on Interjet. Two flights. Change planes. I am a Residente Permanente.
Cancun to Mexico.   Mexico to US

When do I obtain the exit visa.
Cancun or MX

Do I obtain the visa before checking in or after.

How far and approx location of INM relative to Interjet checkin MX

I have two hours considering if luggage is not checked thru and I have to retrieve.

I just left from CDMX terminal 2 in May to Spain and returned 6 weeks later. I have a Residente Permanente visa. When you enter into the Arrivals and Departure secured area after going through the security check area the INM counter is 30 feet away straight ahead. There you get the FMM form to fill out. They ask for your boarding pass, passport and resident card after you fill out the smaller bottom portion with your flight information, Residente Permanente number - the one on the back not your immigrant number on the front, your passport number etc. They stamp your passport and stamp the FMM card the smaller lower portion for you to hand in at the gate and give you the larger upper portion to fill out and hand in when you return going through Mexican Immigration and stamp your passport. The return portion asks for your country of residence [Mexico] and for your complete address in Mexico. It takes about 10 minutes and if more people form in the line when you are filling out the FMM away from the desk at an area for this go to the front of the line not the back.

Thanks a bunch!! You succinctly answered my questions and allayed my concerns.

Tenga un buen dia. Por favor

Hi "First Last", I am a permanent resident and always leave from PV (direct or connecting in MEX) BUT I always get the exit FMM form in PV smaller airport (the INM office is open from around 9:30) and fill myself the FMM (flight number is the MEX to USA) and the INM officer stamps it and in red ink write RP on both part of the FMM, I would do the same if I was leaving from Cancun (also small airport).

Here is a link how to fill the for, you will give it when boarding your international flight (MEX to USA).
https://explorenayarit.com/blog/residen … ts-advice/

All is done before checking and boarding, I never needed to show the boarding pass, you are responsible of filling the FMM accurately.

Adios y buen viaje, GyC.

I'm responding to this again because it never made any sense to me.

today I went to IMN and they assured me that it is not required at all. That all you need is your residency card to return to Mexico. You do not, according to them need a paper visa form.  She said, "you use your U.S. passport to get into the U.S. and your Mexican resident card to return to Mexico". I could see that having a basic visa form could confuse things quite a bit and could get your residency card canceled because you can't hold two visas at a time. This is not from an article, this is from IMN the agency that is the last word in those things.

I think that article, is talking about requirements during the residency process. What you do while your paperwork is in process, not after you actually have the Permanente card.

So be careful.

This is totally confusing. I know when you fly out of Mexico you have to go to immigration and get a FMM marked permanent resident. When you fly back they take it from you.
Now driving across the border I am told nothing is required going back to USA except passport. Coming back into Mexico passport and residency card. That I guess is just in case because I drive right thru at San Ysidro back into Mexico no stops. I also was told when I walked thru ped west there only passport and residency card.
But this is Baja California where I can drive my American plated car and be a permanent resident. That is also confusing 🤷‍♀️

yes, it is very confusing, but when IMN says it isn't needed I tend to feel they would have the best information. At least better than the opinion of a travel website who sells hotels and flights. I will run it past IMN at the airport just to compare opinions, although rules should be rules.

yes, it is very confusing, but when INM says it isn't needed I tend to feel they would have the best information. At least better than the opinion of a travel website who sells hotels and flights. I will run it past INM at the airport just to compare opinions, although rules should be rules.

Per mexperience.com reg copies, the government has been doing something like that with flights, which puts the onus on you to make sure they tick the right boxes and that they note the passport stamp that indicates you are a resident. If you are not paying attention you could lose your status. Another reason to drive instead of fly.