Non-eu resident traveling to Europe

Hi guys,

I'm a non european and i live in bulgaria and my husband is bulgarian. Can I travel with my residency card to europe? I cant find any info on this online, does my residency allows me to travel in europe? With my husband maybe?

Thank you !

Hi! I hope you have resolved your issue already. Just my two cents: I assume you mean countries in European Union. Here is what I gathered so far. Any residency for any non EU citizens except the one that has the residence card with these words in English or other EU language, "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen" cannot freely travel in EU area (there are exceptions but not applicable to you since you live in Bulgaria with your Bulgarian spouse). For third country family members of a Bulgarian citizen, they have a visa free travel to Croatia, Cyprus and Romania  - I am only referring to EU member states.

It is worth noting that even though you need an entry visa, they should be issued free of charge and within a short time frame (15 days for schengen countries) based solely on your residency and proof of marriage.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t … dex_en.htm