Student and work in France

Hey, I m from Nepal and planing to study in France .
I need best colleges for bachelor
Can I get job in France while studying ?

Welcome to the Forum :)

Every foreign student has the right to work while studying in France. This right applies to all students in France. If you are not a citizen of the European Union, you must have a student resident permit.

French law authorises foreign students to an auxillary work of 964 hours during the year, the equivalent of 60% of the legal work year. It can only be auxiliary income.

When you work in France, if you are a student or not, you are guaranteed a minimum wage by law. It is commonly called the SMIC (Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel de Croissance - the minimum wage). It is 9.76 Euros gross per hour as of January 1st, 2018. This wage is gross; you have to deduct mandatory social charges (about 20%) to find out how much you really take home: €7.61/hour. If you work 10 hours per week for the minimum wage, you will earn about 78 Euros net.

The Autorisation Provisoire de Travail (APT - Temporary Work Permit) is no longer needed to work while studying, except for Algerian students, whose status remains defined by the Franco-Algerian agreement of December 27th, 1968.

I hope this helps.

SimCityAT
Expat Team