Best cities for retirement in Switzerland

Hello everyone,

An increasing amount of people want to spend their retirement abroad. Would you consider giving a few tips to those looking into Switzerland for their retirement?

What are the most attractive cities for retirees in Switzerland?

Why are these the best cities in Switzerland for retirement (quality of life, cost of living, climate, health, security, etc.)?

Are there any specific areas in Switzerland where there are special retirement schemes or retirement-friendly residential areas?

Are there any activities suitable for retirees in Switzerland?

Do you have any tips on where to start looking or how to choose a suitable city for one's retirement in Switzerland?

If you have, yourself, chosen to spend your retirement abroad, please tell us what city you have chosen and why?

Please share your experience.

Bhavna

I personally would not want to retire in Switzerland. It is too expensive and unless you are fluent in German or in the dialect, why would someone retire in a country where there is a language barrier? Not for me. I plan to retire in the South West of France. Weather wise it's really nice, money wise it's cheaper, good is great, and living by the ocean is very much attractive to me than living surrounded by the mountains. I can see them while on holidays, but not everyday.

I spend half my time in Switzerland    I live in Mies Canton de Vaud.  I would love to know more about the expat retiree activities in this region