School and accommodation

Hi everyone, I'm a mom of 3 kids aged 7,9 and 1 and we are planning on moving to Mauritius in 2020. My main concerns for now is schools and accommodation. I'd like to live in the Grand Baie area, in a secure estate that is child friendly, close to the beach, shops, schools , and medical facilities. I'm looking for a English private primary school and a French pre school for my youngest.
Please advice 🙂

Hi Cwayita,

Grand Baie is a popular destination for expats in Mauritius however it will be difficult to find all that you are looking for in one area.

If by secure estate, you mean a gated estate, then there are a few in Mauritius with many others under implementation, but they are not really close to the beach.
Private schools are located outside Grand Baie.

There are a few medical institutions and clinics in Grand Baie and in the North, but the biggest hospitals are mostly located inland in the central region of the island.

Grand Baie is a great area for living but it might also involves some traveling for education and medicare.

Regarding shopping, no issues here. You will find almost everything you need in Grand Baie and in the vicinity.

In terms of schools, there are École du Nord (French medium) and Northfields International School (English). I think they have prep schools for primary. There is information on the WWW.

Hi Winston

Thank you very much for your response! Very helpful.

Hi Gawesh

Thank you for your response, I have contacted Northfields I'm just waiting for a response.