Car dealer requests deposite before technical inspection

Hello,
I'm about to buy my first car in Belgium.
I found a nice car in a garage and I called the garage owner (in Waterloo).
When I asked if he has a car pass, he told me that when I deposit around 500 EUR, he will bring the car for the technical inspection and for the car pass.

Should I go with this garage? On google map and autoscout24, I see many good reviews about this garage.

Thank you.

Hello,

How much does the car cost?

The only case where a professional will ask you a deposit to pass a vehicle to the technical control is because he knows that there will be repairs to be made on the vehicle. And he wants you to pay ...

He posted the car to autoscout24 and he requested 6400 EUR.
So I shouldn't go with him?
Another question: When I contact someone (private owner) via messengers/whatsapp to buy his/her car, is it an offence  to ask for the car pass?
For example, I contacted a lady via Facebook messenger and asked her to send me the photo of the car pass (in a polite way). She seems to be uncomfortable.

Many thanks.

Hi,

The decision is yours. But as I say, and used cars I bought a lot, I have never seen a mechanic required a deposit to pass the technical control. Because if he wants to sell the car officially with an invoice in the name of his establishment, it is a legal obligation for him ...

No, ask for the carpass is normal. Most of the time people try to sell without passing the technical control. Because it is not an official obligation for a sale between individuals.

And the sale between individuals can be rigged if you do not have a real technical knowledge in cars. Because there can be hidden defects. And individuals still write the phrase "sold in the state well known to the buyer", which prevents any future dispute.