RNE validation for Seamen

Hello, my name is Alfius Nicol. I'm Indonesian and currently live in Praia Grande, Sao Paulo. I have RNE since 2016. I just want to know if my RNE will be expired if I stay 8 months outside Brazil. Because I work on cruise ship. My contract is 8 months. And my vacation is 2 or 3 months. So I need to stay 8 months outside Brazil, come back to Brazil, stay for 2 months and leave again for 8 months. What I know is that PF will close my RNE if i stay 24 months continued outside Brazil. Is there any changes? Thank you.

As long as you're not out of Brazil for more than 24 continuous months, you should be ok.  Have you had any problems so far with that schedule?

Now some older RNE do have expiration dates, but if it says permanent and no expiration date on the card 8 months should be no issue. 8 months and visiting many counties, keep track of your passports pages and expiration date. When I arrived and waiting on RNE, I traveled to Argentina often (only 20KM away) and had to be stamped for each entry and exit and they will use empty pages for stamps instead of an open area on a page for a stamp. Had to go get extra pages at the consulate.