Used jeep

Hello,

My name is Jason.  I want to buy one of the green four door jeep type cars here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Maison123 wrote:

Hello,

My name is Jason.  I want to buy one of the green four door jeep type cars here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Type into Google the type of vehicle you want to buy and you will get results.

Jeep type? do you mean russian made UAZ?

Thanks, but I don't know the name so google just shows me jeeps

That's the boy!!! Thanks, I am going to try and buy one. Thanks for your help

Maison123 wrote:

Hello,

Are you where in Vietnam?

Vinh

Ok as there is one in sale in Hanoi. Just drove past it.

Cool thanks

Do a compression test and observe the seller's driving. Just had a very experienced motorcycle rider almost get me killed and start in top gear, torturing the engine when standing still.

Gearboxes needn't be understood. Any cyclist would laugh and select the proper gear.

Lol

My question is why would anyone want to own a vehicle made in Soviet era Russia?  Unless you are collector of 4WD military vehicles and need one to round out your massive stable, why?   Soviet made vehicles are notoriously unreliable.  I remember when Belarus farm tractors were first sold in Hawaii.  They lasted about 3 years.  Also ergonomics (fit to human bodies) is likely very poor.  See if the shift lever is comfortable and if the seats are the proper proportion and positioned for good visibilty.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are not.

I agree with THIGV.
Rode in them Russian jeeps and vans when working in Mongolia and they are very basic, uncomfortable, cold inside and rough in general. The locals there liked them as they were easy to work on and fix.

Thanks for the reply and the info re buying agricultural products in Belarus (it concisely hit the nail on the head re my original post).

I feel I need to adjust my post slightly; I want to buy a Russian made UAZ(Thanks Wald0). It's a project for a UK charity (kids in Vietnam will strip it down and rebuild it and send the pictures and a log back to schools in the UK. As much as stories about the aesthetics and proportions of said vehicle as well as dewy eyed stories about agricultural machinery in Belarus and Mongolia will no doubt thrill the kids, I am looking to buy one, I will give a 10% finders fee of the final invoice price. (In the meantime if I come across a publisher looking for dewy eyed tales of yore regarding communist farm machinery I will post again).Thanks.

Maison123 wrote:

Thanks for the reply and the info re buying agricultural products in Belarus (it concisely hit the nail on the head re my original post).

In this case Belarus is a brand name of farm tractors.  If you take the highway 1A that passes through Bình Chánh and Long An and you will see examples in the boneyard sales outlets that line the highway.

Your post about your purpose to create a rebuilding project for teens makes sense of your desire to buy one of these vehicles.  You can provide a bonus to the finder's fee if the vehicle is blowing black smoke out the tailpipe.   :joking:

A doff of the cap sir, thanks

Maison123 wrote:

I feel I need to adjust my post slightly; I want to buy a Russian made UAZ(Thanks Wald0). It's a project for a UK charity (kids in Vietnam will strip it down and rebuild it and send the pictures and a log back to schools in the UK. As much as stories about the aesthetics and proportions of said vehicle as well as dewy eyed stories about agricultural machinery in Belarus and Mongolia will no doubt thrill the kids, I am looking to buy one, I will give a 10% finders fee of the final invoice price. (In the meantime if I come across a publisher looking for dewy eyed tales of yore regarding communist farm machinery I will post again).Thanks.

Here you go, just what you are looking for. Just recently post, I doubt they would sell quickly.

https://xe.chotot.com/toan-quoc/mua-ban-oto/uazhttps://xe.chotot.com/quan-8/mua-ban-oto/59396159.htm

Thank you very

That is exactly what I want! Thanks.

Maison123 wrote:

That is exactly what I want! Thanks.

I will await my finders fee. 😀