New strict visa rules??

Hi everybody.
I read on some blog that there are more strict visa rules now.
before u could get 3 or 6 month pretty easy(pay extra)but now its hard and much more difficult, is this so? You who lives here maby know? I want to stay very long time.How can i do?

My friend also dealing w/ same problem like you. The way they charge fee for your visa is quite complicated, they check the latest date of your arrival to Vietnam. Frist time we extend, it cost 30$, second time 60$ ( 3month single entry), next time will be 90$...the best way that my agency advise me to do is try to get your ass out of vietnam ( like to go to Cambodia) and then comeback to have new entry stamp
The second way is getting a longterm  temporary residence card ( 3 years). If you working in Nhatrang, you can ask your company grant a work permit for you. ( it's not easy though) after having work permit you can apply to get  a temporary card. The advise here is you look for an agency who can do it for you.
( they will ask for your criminal records issued by your country or by the police station in the area where you lived )
a very long long long & frustrated story for foreigner
Anyway, you can buy me a dinner and I can share somethings mind be helpful for you.

hi
thanks, I will not work for any company, but will maby set up my own company but i want to stay first for 1 year and se if I like it there. I lived for 10 years now in Thailand, cambodja, Ph so Im used to the bullshit hehe, but Im sure that some cash can fix all hehe.Thanks

I think get your ass out to Cambodia & come back is 1 of the solutions. If not, then under table money....:lol::lol::D:D

@tropical2512 I'm not sure if some of your advice is correct. Just crossing the border into Cambodia and coming back ain't going to be much help, in less you stop in at the Consulate and get a new visa. As far as your pricing goes not all the travel agents charge the same price as far as I can tell. Best bet in a 6 month VOA and start woring on a 2 year Temp card. M2CW

Thanks guys, can any one tell me your views och Nha Trang Vs vung tau? when I read on internet I get the feeling that Vung Tau seams more bars and things going on?Your views??

Vung Tau and Nha Trang are pretty much the same in some perspectives e.g. tourist city and peaceful place to rest and relax. The main concern is the distance. Vung Tau is close to HCMC and you can easy to travel over a weekend by car or boat. The fare is pretty cheap. Whereas, to Nha Trang, it takes time and money to make a full trip.

If it just cos of bars and clubs, I dont think that features Vung Tau. A very splendid, breezy, crowded but relaxing city in the evening make it outstanding.

In short, if you want a getaway over weekend with budget time/money, let buzz Vung Tau!

I still hear that crossing the border into Cambodia is the trick. Just a walk into cambodia and then a quick return thru the border gate does it with a new visa issued at the border, not an extension. I hear many stories but they seem to all say crossing the border is easy to do with less hassles.

You can get a Cambodia visa at some of the border gates but,you cannot get a Vietnamese visa at any border crossing no matter what the country. You must have your Visa in advance. You can get a Visa on arrival (VOA) at the international airports in Saigon or Hanoi if you set it up in advance.

Budman1 wrote:

You can get a Cambodia visa at some of the border gates but,you cannot get a Vietnamese visa at any border crossing no matter what the country. You must have your Visa in advance. You can get a Visa on arrival (VOA) at the international airports in Saigon or Hanoi if you set it up in advance.

Hi,

That depends on what country your from, my father and my friend with Swedish passports got 15 day Vietnamese visas at the border on the way back from Cambodia.
No fee and no hassle.

This was last month.

/Thenewguy

They were able to get a 15 day entry visa because Sweden is considered a visa exempt country by Vietnam for people visiting. I think there are 15 or so countries on the list. Not the real long term solution that the op is looking for. However that is a good point. In addition people holding Viet-kieu exemption certificates are also allowed to use the border crossings for entry into Vietnam.

Budman1 wrote:

They were able to get a 15 day entry visa because Sweden is considered a visa exempt country by Vietnam for people visiting. I think there are 15 or so countries on the list. Not the real long term solution that the op is looking for. However that is a good point. In addition people holding Viet-kieu exemption certificates are also allowed to use the border crossings for entry into Vietnam.

Hi,

Yes, correct.
I didnt write it as a solution but more because you wrote that its impossible no matter what country it is.

I would say opening a company would be the best way for "Crille" the cost of opening a consultancy company is less then 1500usd and for that you get 3 year.

/Thenewguy

Hi
yes sure thats sounds good with company,if its only 1500us its nothing compared to what i spend i Thailand on visa trips and all that shit, so great thanks all

Yes, you can do maximum 3 months visa only. 6 months are not valid anymore.
If you work in Vietnam, and stay over 1 year with some more conditions, you can get a Residence Card with may valid up to 3 years. You can email me for further information at [email protected]

I have heard various stories from US Ex-Pats and it seems to be that different parts of the country do things their way. In Nha Trang it is said visa extensions can cost $30.00 USD and another crossed into Cambodia and made quick return. Cost $150 USD for 6 month visa. He has lived in VN a number of yrs but doesnt appear to have a residencym permit or work permit either.

dongbathin wrote:

I have heard various stories from US Ex-Pats and it seems to be that different parts of the country do things their way. In Nha Trang it is said visa extensions can cost $30.00 USD and another crossed into Cambodia and made quick return. Cost $150 USD for 6 month visa. He has lived in VN a number of yrs but doesnt appear to have a residencym permit or work permit either.

Yes, you are right! But residency permit or work permit will cost less than you do visa or visa extension. 3 years work permit cost you 1/4 of 1 years of doing 6 months visa (2 times) and you do not have  to worry on your visa expires or not!.

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are moving to Ho Chi Minh city at the end of July.  She already has a job lined up, but I don't.  I will probably teach English over there, or try to find some other work.

We're hoping to stay for a couple of years.  What sort of Visa should I be looking at?   Is the 3 month tourist visa the way to go, and then try to renew it when I'm over there and employed?

Tano wrote:

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are moving to Ho Chi Minh city at the end of July.  She already has a job lined up, but I don't.  I will probably teach English over there, or try to find some other work.

We're hoping to stay for a couple of years.  What sort of Visa should I be looking at?   Is the 3 month tourist visa the way to go, and then try to renew it when I'm over there and employed?

You should do Business visa (They call B3), can be single or muptiple entries. After 1 year, you can ask for temporary residence card valid more than 1 year.
You can email me if you need more details.
Regards/ Michael