Restaurants...

Jakulin wrote:

Kim -- absolutely agree about the Coronas!  :cheers:  What part of the States are you from?

Jennifer

We're from North Carolina.  Left in 2005, spent 3 years in Paris and now almost 3 years in Malta. Really feeling settled here now (it took awhile though!).

But the kids and I are off to NC next week to see my family.  I'll be thinking of you Mexican food lovers here when I'm having a delicious carne asada!

Kim

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Id be happy to find a good indian or chinese......

I really like Royal China in Mellieha (same owners as Master Wok I think).  In fact, it is some of the best Chinese food I've ever had.  It takes forever, but is worth it.  Nice that they do take out too. 

Haven't found any really good Indian, but please let me know if you do!

Kim

We are chinese food lovers and got to admit that Chinese food in Malta is not good... The best ones in Malta for us are shaukiwan in xemxija...thereis also another pretty good one at the Valleta waterfront..the one with the lion statues at the entrance... Tips fro chinese please?

i must admit to not liking royal china - but i love master wok.....we recently went back there and wow we loved it. Fuyi cantonese in bugibba on pioneer road is also quite good....Mister Wangs is better food but the decor leaves a lot to be desired.

Any ideas on a good sushi place? Either dine in or take out? I love Japanese and Chinese food and really miss great selection and very affordable Chinese buffets in US. Had an awful experience here with Wok to Walk in Sliema. Will definitely check out some of the places you guys mentioned.

theres one on the approach to sliema on the coast road - spinola bay...called suki sushi and its close to maccy d's and waggamama.

cant vouch for it though

Cafe Sakura near the Preluna hotel is preety good for Sushi... now just 2 weeks ago you can find sushi @ Wagamama as well... this is more like a Sushi Bar, Sakura is more formal. Both are pretty good.

Thanks for advice. Will check it out one of these days.

Anything similar to a TGI's in Malta? I see they used to have one years ago but closed down. I love those Jack Daniel Ribs!!!

Well Hard Rock Cafe only... You have 3 in Malta + one at the airport

Fortizza in Sliema is fairly similar to TGI's. There is also Henry J Beans restaurant in St Georges bay. I am not saying that they are anywhere as good as TGI's, but in my opinion, they are probably the closest that Malta has to offer.

Jakulin wrote:

As a Texan, I would have to say it isn't Mexican food but if you put the idea of "Mexican" out of your head its a

Having eaten "Mexican" in Texas, and in Mexico, I'd also say that served in Texas is also not Mexican