Water and electric and meters

In Bulgaria do all houses have water meters?

Are water and electric meters at Bulgarian properties digital meters (as in a smart meter), or are analogue water and electric meters also available?

Also, a lot of houses for sale in Bulgaria have a Water Well in the garden.
What do you think the owners of such properties use their Water Well and its water for - if anything at all?
Maybe just for watering the garden?
Or for indoor use also?

Thanks.

They normally use it for cooling beer in the summer !!  :D

Well water is often not fit for consumption due to contamination, okay for gardens.

Contamination in water would be an extremely rare case in Bulgaria. Probably only in some mining areas. But then it will not be suitable for gardens too.

As from what I know water wells are mostly used for gardens, dish washers and daily use. Some use it to drink by using stone filters.

Thing is is that it can deplete very fast depending on your daily use and of course depending on groundwater capacity you have, and the renewal of this one.

the water from the wells can be also used for colonic irrigation

When did water meters become widespread in Bulgarian houses?

I know Bulgaria is a relatively dry and hot country, but I don't imagine a shortage of fresh water due to the small human population and low population density.

Lee4 wrote:

I don't imagine a shortage of fresh water due to the small human population and low population density.

Choose the wrong area and you can be without mains water for weeks on end, or have the mains on for a couple of hours per day only

beezone wrote:
Lee4 wrote:

I don't imagine a shortage of fresh water due to the small human population and low population density.

Choose the wrong area and you can be without mains water for weeks on end, or have the mains on for a couple of hours per day only

Such as where?

In some villages in the mountains. when I was looking for a village property some years back in the mountains I was warned about this by estate agents.