Coming to study in Bamberg and I am also pregnant

Hi everyone,
In October I will start my master studies in Bamberg and I am also pregnant. I will give birth to my baby in January.
I am planning to come in Germany with my husband, but unfortunately he can only come for 3 months, with a Visa Schengen option.
I wanted to ask if is possible to find a job while being pregnant (a part time job), just to earn some money and can someone give me an idea how much does cost the baby utilities for the first months.
Also, how much can cost a 2 Zimmer- Apparment and other expenses?
Thank you very much in advance.

Congratulations on the pregnancy but there are strict rules to study in Germany. On a study visa one can do some part time work but NOT work anything near full time nor enough to pay your expenses. The rules are that you need to show over 8300 Euros a year to finance your study independent of any work you would do on the side. Studying and working is hard enough, not sure how you think you can also raise a baby, especially with a partner who is mostly not there. And theoretically your husband could get a longer term visa, provided he has the financing and you would have a large enough place to live to fulfill the rules.  It does not honest sound like you have researched the requirements for studying in Germany as a non-EU citizen. You should look at the German Immigration website and others that have been mentioned many times on this site.

It is not cheap having a baby in Germany - and it will already be tough to divide your time between studies and baby, so you will probably not have a chance to work.
Legally speaking, there is a time of six weeks before and eight weeks after work during which you are not allowed to work at all (I am not sure if studying is allowed), but realistically nobody will employ a highly pregnant or breastfeeding woman even outside of this period.
In addition, you are not allowed to fly from the sixth month of pregnancy onwards, so how are you coming to Germany in October?
I think altogether you should reconsider your plans and maybe try again to study in Germany when the child is a few years old.

To answer your question about living costs:
A simple, one-room apartment will cost you €400-600/month (sublet rooms are cheaper, but not practical with baby due to shared bath and kitchen), all other expenses add another €400-600/month per person (if you are frugal). A baby does not cost less than an adult, at least in the first year. If you want to work, child care will cost you €200-600/month.

beppi wrote:

It is not cheap having a baby in Germany - and it will already be tough to divide your time between studies and baby, so you will probably not have a chance to work.
Legally speaking, there is a time of six weeks before and eight weeks after work during which you are not allowed to work at all (I am not sure if studying is allowed), but realistically nobody will employ a highly pregnant or breastfeeding woman even outside of this period.
In addition, you are not allowed to fly from the sixth month of pregnancy onwards, so how are you coming to Germany in October?
I think altogether you should reconsider your plans and maybe try again to study in Germany when the child is a few years old.

And these rules are independent father restrictions of the work limits for foreign students!

thank you for you answer.
In order to get the visa at the embassy I must have in a blocked account 8600 Euros, so when I will come in Germany I already will have the chance to get from my account 720 Euros per month.

Thank you for answering. Well, if I would consider the fact to come alone in Germany I think it would be better to live in a dorm. From what I have read at the university website and the Studentenwerk website if someone ask they can provide some materials for children.

Elis9 wrote:

Thank you for answering. Well, if I would consider the fact to come alone in Germany I think it would be better to live in a dorm. From what I have read at the university website and the Studentenwerk website if someone ask they can provide some materials for children.

It is worth looking into. In general, German Universities have a huge shortage of housing for students. But possibly someone with a child will get higher priority.

Thank you so much again.  :)

€720/month is not much for a single person, and impossible with a baby.

For anyone who comes across this look at this site if you want to know the formalities in germany when it comes to working while pregnant:

https://www.arbeitsschutzgesetz.org/arb … gerschaft/