Retirement visa for Cambodia

Hi, I have met a partner in Thailand but he is Cambodian. I have been travelling backwards and forwards to Thailand from England to see him. I have just got a retirement visa for Thailand and am about to move there to be with him. We were going to look for a condo. Currently he is doing border runs to come and see me. He has just told me he would like us to go to live in his hometown of Sihanoukville so he can work.
I want to know if I can get a retirement visa for Cambodia as well as I am 60 years old. And what are the requirements. I have read the Khmer Joe answers online and it seems like I can go to an agency take the fee and get one. Can you explain all of this to me by email please. Can I hold both retirement visa. also would I have to do boarder runs. This is all new to me. Many thanks.
Colin Williams

Yes you can easily get a retirement extension of stay (EOS) in Cambodia.

You come in on an Ordinary visa,  $35 at the airport,  and after one Week you can apply for the retirement extension of stay.
Just hand your passport to a reliable agent,  pay the approx. $290 for one year and wait two weeks.

The retirement EOS is multiple entry so you can travel in and out of the country as much as you want.
Be aware that Thailand has restrictions if you travel on land,  air travel has no restrictions.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat. com team

Hi joe thank you for your reply. Just one thing. Can I have a Thai and Cambodian retirement visa at the same time?

Yes you can,  provided you have an address in both countries.

For Thailand you could get a one-year visa based on retirement at a Thai embassy in the UK.
Then extend every year at the Thai embassy in Cambodia.

Cheers

Joe

Hi joe I have just got a retirement visa with multi visa in Thailand. I can use that to come to Cambodia. Can I then go into Cambodia with my Cambodian partner and live there on a retirement visa too.

If you have an address in Thailand you may get a visit from the immigration police to check your accually living there as what happened to me they also checked with the neibours to see if I stay there every night

Yes.

See my reply of June 6.

Don't forget to buy a re-entry permit in Thailand  if you are on an extension of stay,  otherwise you can't get back on your extension again.

If you are on a non immigrant visa issued by a Thai embassy it's ok,  you can travel in and out of Thailand .

Cheers

Joe

You better look into Sihanoukville, it's changed for the worse !