Driving License Process

Hello,

I have my valid driving license from Pakisan and from U.A.E also,

Can I get a license by showing the UAE driving license,

if not, what is the procedure to get the KSA driving license (How many test & what they will ask in test and etc, ) ?

Thanks,

try searching the forum, its been discussed quite a few times :)

and welcome to KSA ;)

Salman

Hello My Dear,
First of all they will take initial test.if you will pass then will qualify for final test.
They have two type of test-Signal Test and Driving Practical Test.
Total question in signal test are 20-for passing the test you have to reply correctly  15 question.if you will fail in signal test they will give you four days class-

for driving you have to drive only one kilometer if they will see you active you will get.

Thx mrfbbs,

let c how it works,

if you have a valid UAE license you can drive here. I used mine before. If you want to get the Saudi license, use your home license, and not the GCC license, they will cancel that GCC one ( I know how costly to have your UAE license, so I didn't let them cancel it). Unless you will drive 4x4, you're good with your UAE license. But I took the Saudi license also, so I have 3 licenses, Saudi, UAE and home country. Good luck to you. Cheers.

yes this is true they will cancel any GCC driving license if you will show them.

and u know what, it costs me 4500 dhirams,

Also, I found that you cannot drive on UAE license if u have saudi iqama , I don't know about bussines visa, may be you can.

Syed MT wrote:

yes this is true they will cancel any GCC driving license if you will show them.

and u know what, it costs me 4500 dhirams,

Also, I found that you cannot drive on UAE license if u have saudi iqama , I don't know about bussines visa, may be you can.

I beg to disagree, if you cannot drive with your UAE license, then how come I am driving a car from rental companies, they won't allow it if it's not possible right. Car rentals also asked a copy of my Iqama which is a double wammy on your statement. But be on the safe side, get the license. It will take you 2 days max to pass it.

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … rabia.html

great help, and well written article.

What is the requirements for GCC licence for Forklift? and how many days? Thanks..

Following website has some procedures under Saudi Arabia which can help you out.

Hi , just want to share my experience here in Riyadh Sulay Dallah Driving School.
The whole process took less than hour to get Saudi license.
I prepared the following things with me.
1- Original Iqama & copy
2- UAE Driving License (Original & Copy)
3- 1 Photo
4- Passport Copy
5- Visa Page Copy
6- Blood Group Report (it cost me 25 Riyal)
7- License Payment Transection Receipt (400Riyal = 10 Years)(Payment was done online Samba Account as a new license category)

I reached Dallah Driving School Sulay Riyadh, and one guy asked: new file? he took 20 Riyal and prepared one file along with Arabic Driving License Form(he filled himself), Iqama Copy, Passport Coy, Visa Copy, Payment Receipt, Blood Group Report and staple my UAE Driving License on form.
When I reached on reception, told them need to replace with my UAE License.
After taking token, went on 14 number counter(Eye Test), no eye test taken :-) but he stamped the form. Then next step Trail, came out from reception and went left side, in their training area. I asked to drive Automatic, same was provided. 5 ft ahead and 3 ft in reverse, that's it. even instructor forced me don't wear belt, just drive. I did same. After finishing, came on counter # 14 again, and told him, trail done. He asked me, do you want to take back your UAE License or no. I told him No.
He wrote in Arabic on the form and retuned my file. Again, from Reception, I took token for accounts counter # 18. They took my file and told me to wait. 7 minutes later, one person came and announced my name on mic. Got my Saudi Driving License.
Note: when I was in Dubai, and was planning to shift here in Saudi Arabia. That time, I took extra driving license by reporting lost. I had to pay 110/- Dirhams & had 2 driving license. Now the old one I have given for Saudi driving license and new one still with me. This is the best idea to keep both licenses with you.