Water

Can anyone give me an approx cost of water per meter cubed.
I live in Opan Stara Zagora. BULGARIA.
Thanks for any replies.

Ask your neighbours?

Do all Bulgarian houses have water meters?

I'd prefer no water meter.

Yes they do have meters and you are charged per cubic meter (1000 liters).  It is a commodity which is supplied to houses and as such must be paid for.

I looked online where prices are available. Sofia is Euro 1.32 per cubic meter.

"I'd prefer no water meter."

Yes baby!! I know !!!

http://buncranatogether.com/s/no-meter-here-A4.jpg

Funny almost half of the people coming here prefer no water meters, no electricity meters and if possible no laws!!! Houses for no money, repairs - top quality and no payment, cars - cheap but perfect, meals - super tasty but still less than 1 Euro, consultancy services for free, roads without vignette or a toll tax, eco, bio, organic etc. for granted ... no taxes, no social security contributions but still a good health care system.

and this is not only Lee ......

But whether you like it or not, get used with the reality.

Something for nothing does not work these days.

Hi Kristiann (and whoever else the cap fits for),

I think what you need to appreciate is that some "foreigners" looking to come live in Bulgaria, are not millionaires, have a small budget, but really want to get away from a hectic chaotic expensive stressful life such as in an overcrowded country like England. Some such people may have next to nothing.

Some may just want to live a quiet peaceful reclusive humble affordable self sufficient life with nice weather, natural surroundings, growing their own food in their garden, living in balance with nature etc.

Some will be wanting to make a new start seeking a preferred new lifestyle and life adventure, perhaps leaving behind an unhappy past.
You don't know what someone has been through in their life.
You could show more humanity, and you don't have to mock or be hostile to people from others countries here on an info sharing forum who are trying to learn in a process of planning and making big decisions.
And remember, we're all just here in this world as unique individual human beings, regardless of where in the world we were born, or any other perceived differences.

Water meters are a relatively new phenomenon in England. Before they were introduced everyone just paid an annual fee for water regardless of amount of water used. Many homes in England don't yet have a water meter.

Though I appreciate their may be a native language barrier issue going on here, and perhaps you have not meant to come across harshly.

But you have in my experience made some false assumptions and jumped to some wrong conclusions.

Kind regards
Lee

I hate to bring bad news to you, but you will find most EU countries at least are all changing to water meters. In the UK ALL houses will have water meters by 2020.

Actually, I don't care who comes and from where, I am not interested whether they have water meters in their home country or not, wheter they drive a right wheeled car or a left wheeled one, neither for the colour of their skin.

But what i DO CARE is that Bulgaria has laws and they have to be observed by everyone living here. My "wrong assumptions" or "wrong conclusions" are primarily based on experience and I can assure you, that half of the people coming to live in Bulgaria will never question the laws, while others will try to bypass these even before arriving.

And this has nothing to do with income. Probably you're not aware, but some pensioners in Bulgaria live with about 100 EUR per month and they never think of breaking the laws. So any income based comparison is just out of the question. Or a very poor reasoning ....

And as you can see here, I've laways tried to help those people who need help settling in Bulgaria and who are not trying any illegal actions. But in your case, it will be a good idea to at least reconsider the way you're asking questions, in order not to leave wrong impression. Some politeness will also be very helpful.

By the way, there's a severe fine for removing a water meter, electricity meter etc ....

Ramses K. wrote:

Ask your neighbours?

yes but wont they speak bulgarian? 

Good idea though, know thy neighbour, put the common unity back into community.

:)

kristiann wrote:

"I'd prefer no water meter."

Yes baby!! I know !!!

http://buncranatogether.com/s/no-meter-here-A4.jpg

Funny almost half of the people coming here prefer no water meters, no electricity meters and if possible no laws!!! Houses for no money, repairs - top quality and no payment, cars - cheap but perfect, meals - super tasty but still less than 1 Euro, consultancy services for free, roads without vignette or a toll tax, eco, bio, organic etc. for granted ... no taxes, no social security contributions but still a good health care system.

and this is not only Lee ......

But whether you like it or not, get used with the reality.

kristiann wrote:

Actually, I don't care who comes and from where, I am not interested whether they have water meters in their home country or not, wheter they drive a right wheeled car or a left wheeled one, neither for the colour of their skin.

But what i DO CARE is that Bulgaria has laws and they have to be observed by everyone living here. My "wrong assumptions" or "wrong conclusions" are primarily based on experience and I can assure you, that half of the people coming to live in Bulgaria will never question the laws, while others will try to bypass these even before arriving.

And this has nothing to do with income. Probably you're not aware, but some pensioners in Bulgaria live with about 100 EUR per month and they never think of breaking the laws. So any income based comparison is just out of the question. Or a very poor reasoning ....

And as you can see here, I've laways tried to help those people who need help settling in Bulgaria and who are not trying any illegal actions. But in your case, it will be a good idea to at least reconsider the way you're asking questions, in order not to leave wrong impression. Some politeness will also be very helpful.

By the way, there's a severe fine for removing a water meter, electricity meter etc ....

Hi kristiann

I'm not quite sure what you're on about.

You're certainly jumping to some fairly bizarre conclusions and making false accusations.

You are misinterpreting and misrepresenting what has been said, in a manner which is bordering on defamation.

I'm not sure if you're genuinely misinterpreting the english written word as you read and translate it, or perhaps you are doing it deliberately , I don't know. I hope its the former.

FWIW, i don't think there will be many brits coming to bulgaria who complain about the cost of living.

Kind regards
Lee.