Music day in Malaysia

Hello everyone,

Music day will be celebrated this 21st of June across the world. It is an opportunity for new expatriates and expats-to-be to discover and get excited about new ways of celebrating this special day in Malaysia. Would you be able to answer a few questions to make sure no one misses out on the best events?

Is Music day popular in Malaysia?

Tell us about how it is usually celebrated? What activities are usually organised?

Are there traditional activities on Music day (street concerts, festivals etc.)?

Is there a not-to-be-missed event or a place-to-be on Music day?

What do you have planned for this 21st of June?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

Hi Patricia!

Got your email and wishes to share with you some inputs.

1. Is Music day popular in Malaysia? How it is usually celebrated?
- Being a non-Malaysia, I am not aware on how the locals celebrate Music day.  But for the Filipino community that we have here in Malaysia, we do have a lot of music-related activities, like singing competitions (just like wht we are having on 7th of July, "Himig ng Lahi" for filipinos, bands performing in different hotels, clubs and bars, and karaoke hobby.

2. Are there any traditional activities on Music day (street concerts, festivals etc.)? What I know is a street party only during Guiness day sometime every March at Bukit Bintang area.

3. Is there a place-to-be on Music day?  So far, I got no Idea on this matter.

4. What do you have planned for this 21st of June?
- Being a consul of another expat community, which is the "InterNations", I have organized a "Singing & Karaoke Group" activity on 23rd June 2019.  It is a Karaoke singing activity:
Activities:
1. Introduction/Acquaintance/getting to know each other (all through out from 1:00 - 5:59 pm)
2. Maybe you can sing well, or you sound like a drowning dog, it doesn't matter. Karaoke is all about having a blast and singing like no one is listening. Sing! Discover your singing range.
3. Karaoke games
4. Hi-Tea Buffet (1330-1630) & Free Flow Drinks

Please share your experience.

Music Day? Never heard of it. Worldwide?? Really never heard of that either.

I really must get out more!

cvco wrote:

Music Day? Never heard of it. Worldwide?? Really never heard of that either.

I really must get out more!

You're not alone.