Music day in Brazil

Hello everyone,

Music day will be celebrated this 21st of June across the world. It is an opportunity for new expatriates and expats-to-be to discover and get excited about new ways of celebrating this special day in Brazil. Would you be able to answer a few questions to make sure no one misses out on the best events?

Is Music day popular in Brazil?

Tell us about how it is usually celebrated? What activities are usually organised?

Are there traditional activities on Music day (street concerts, festivals etc.)?

Is there a not-to-be-missed event or a place-to-be on Music day?

What do you have planned for this 21st of June?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

There is only the Make Music Day that I am aware. In SP many attend this day in schools and shopping areas.
I think everyday is  make music day in Brazil. Everywhere  everyone has music playing night and day.

Never heard of an official Music Day, maybe because as Tex says, every day in Brazil is Make Music Day.
Here in Manaus Centro, we wake up to the sound of hymns, courtesy of the Cathedral's loudspeakers.   When we go to bed, the bars, botequins, and karaoke clubs are still going strong all around us.  Bells and sound trucks all day - and that's just street music. 😀🎼🎵🎶😁

I believe SP is an international partner in the event. Local talent from singing to instruments.
And then the advertising cars driving in the neighborhoods with loud speakers tied to their roof!!!
It's not just one day or weekends, it is everyday for music.