Non immigrant tourist Visa

Hi everyone,

I possess a multi entry visa (6 month validity, expires 23/11/2019)

If I understood correctly, a single stay must be no more than 60 days. Is it right that I can extend another 30 days if I go to the immigration office?

Moreover, I plan to leave thailand in december, is it possible to extend the visa one month?

Thank you for any clarification

Yes, you can extend a 60 day stay by 30 days at an immigration office for 1,900 baht.
If you exit and enter Thailand; say on 22/11, you get 60 days more, which can be extended by another 30 days again.
If used wisely you can get nine months with this visa.

Hi John,

thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I understand in full how it works.

Let's make an example:

1) I will enter Thailand the 5th of June

2) At this point I can stay until 5/7, so prior to this date I can extend another 30 days. And  so it's 5/9

3) now I have to exit and re-enter the country to start another stay until 5/12 (with extension)

4) let's say I exit and reenter prior to the visa expire date (23/11), 20/11 for example.

t this point my visa is expired. I can stay in the country over the visa expire date if I entered when valid? so it's another 60+30 day from 20/11?

Thank you

Remember the day you enter country is day one of your stay.

Yes you can extend by 30 days and if near the expiration date of visa the extension can run from that date and not the date you apply.Be careful not to do it too many times. I had tourist visa extended then left Thailand got another TV extended on 3rd attempt was not going to be allowed back in as they think you are working. Had to get non O 90 day but need 10k in bank.

All correct except if you enter 5th June, you get 60 days until August not July.

Make sure you look at the date on the entry stamp they give you when you enter Thailand, as 60 days is not 2 calendar months.

You will have problems on the 3rd attempt. Probably not let you in on tourist visa as think you are working in Thailand.

If you can show a ticket out of Thailand, and 20,000 baht in cash on the final entry, you should be ok.

Hi John and guys. Just a quick question. Does one have to have a return airline ticket when applying for a Thai extension visa? My case, Australia.  Or do many visitors buy a one way ticket and then buy a return ticket after they have decided if they want to extend their visa?  Many thanks for your help, Brian