How to pay resettlement tax on items imported into DR?

Good evening all,
We purchased some items online.  They were held in customs for over a week and Mailbox etc notified us yesterday that we owe a "resettlement" tax as the items.  Items cost more than $200.

I have looked and looked at the invoice that we received and there are no instructions how or where to pay this.

Our point of contact indicated that she thought we could pay it online or at the bank but there is no indication what bank.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks,
Las Terrenas Tracy

Sorry... I don't know. I recommend going to MBE in person with wads of cash to see what you need to do.

Also, I would suggest MBE may not be the best way to send items of greater than usd200 value, or anything over ten pounds in weight or oversized items. They charged me usd 200 freight n handling for a usd100 item that weighed 40 pounds. i will go with one of the box forwarder for oversize/overweight or over usd200 cost items in future.

Thanks CapnRick,

Are there any forwarding services you reconnend for oversize packages? 
We have been pleased so far with MBE service and on this particlar shipment i assumed it was customs who set the charges.

Is that not the case?

Sorry... not sure. I went there with a wad of cash n negotiated a 25% off adjustment to my usd200 bill. I have never used the service for oversized packages. My stepson's wife in NYC send a monthly crate to her mom n pop in Jarabacoa that way full of sundries not available or too expensive in the Dr. There is a thread on those type services recently.

Mudanzas is the name of the bulk shippers... google them or search here

Weight isn't a factor and the $200 rule does not apply