Visa Cancellation and travel from Salalah to Delhi via Muscat

Hi,
My wife has resigned from her job and is planning to exit Oman in the coming days. She has booked her ticket from Salalah to Muscat and Muscat to Delhi. Her visa cancellation will be done at Salalah airport. It needs to be emphasized that she will fly Oman Air from Salalah to Muscat and then Air India from Muscat to Delhi for the onward journey. The layover at Muscat airport is 4 hrs 10 mins. Both the tickets have been bought and they have different PNR numbers.

My query is whether she will have any issue at Salalah or Muscat airport as her visa will be cancelled at Salalah itself. I heard from someone that some airlines do not entertain such passengers. Please advise.

Thanks
Munesh

munesh1407 wrote:

Hi,
My wife has resigned from her job and is planning to exit Oman in the coming days. She has booked her ticket from Salalah to Muscat and Muscat to Delhi. Her visa cancellation will be done at Salalah airport. It needs to be emphasized that she will fly Oman Air from Salalah to Muscat and then Air India from Muscat to Delhi for the onward journey. The layover at Muscat airport is 4 hrs 10 mins. Both the tickets have been bought and they have different PNR numbers.

My query is whether she will have any issue at Salalah or Muscat airport as her visa will be cancelled at Salalah itself. I heard from someone that some airlines do not entertain such passengers. Please advise.

Thanks
Munesh

Her company must have booked the air tickets for her return. Technically there shouldn't be any problem. She had been a resident of Oman and her visa would be cancelled in Oman itself. Hence, be it any airport within Oman, she shouldn't be having any issues.

Many thanks Schaz for the reply.

There are two issues. The first one is that the company has paid the money to us and asked us to book the tickets. So I think this should not be a problem, whether the company purchase or we do.

The second issue is little bit complex. I have traveled to Muscat from Salalah couple of times by air and I have found that after arriving at Muscat airport on a domestic flight from Salalah no one checks your resident card or passport. That means that anyone can come out of the airport at Muscat even on a cancelled visa. In sum, no one will be there at Muscat to prevent a cancelled visa passenger arriving from Salalah entering Oman once again.
Though my wife will not be doing this but it brings a question in my mind that due to the absence of any checks at Muscat, the Oman Air which she will be using from Salalah to Muscat may not allow boarding in the first place.  Though it needs to be emphasized that my wife has a connecting ticket to India after 4 hours but from a different airline.

It would be great if you can clarify this issue.