Automobile storage

Looking at moving to Malaysia in a few years, and making KL our base for up to 6 months of the year. In saying that, I want to own my Auto to get around, not just in Malaysia but countries both North and South of Malay.

Following that thread, is anyone aware of any long term storage, that is preferably covered and indoor, for periods of up to 6 months that can accommodate a mid size SUV?

Thanks in advance :)

You can try to google for storage space in Malaysia. Its available but storage is not a mainline or common business as it is in USA, for example.

I badly needed space for large equipment and couldnt find any advertised. So I drove around and when I saw factory types of facilities with good security, I went in and asked someone in management if I could have a corner. 8/10 times they said NO, but a few said YES. Problem was they didnt know what to charge so they made up a rate so absurdly high that no idiot on the planet would accept it, like RM1000/mo for the size of half a car.

Frustrated, I did something rotten on the basis of having seen it before and because I was desperate. I was living in a condo and hauled everything there, put it in a pile under an overhanging roof in public space and told the manager I had to do this "for a few days." I left it there for three years and refused to move it despite monthly nasty letters and threats.

Now, you can do the same with the car. Park it in public parking in a condo, cover it, walk away. Generally, it will be safe. Alternatively, you can also attempt to rent space at a car workshop, the kind that only do body repair because the facilities are large and covered and someone would be watching it everyday.

In all cases, you are firmly warned that nobody has insurance or would otherwise take responsibility for theft, damage or vandalism. You are 100% on your own, even in the best circumstances.

You have to be flexible and creative in going about this, think outside the box since Malaysia isnt well organized for storage. Myself, Id be happy to host someones car parked in front of my house which is on a quiet, safe street.

I dont know what else I can advise, maybe someone else has more ideas.