Entry to singapore from INDIA with IPA letter(In principle approval)

Hello Everyone,

I got a job offer from singapore and I accepted that. My employer already applied for Employment pass which is approved  now. He sent me the IPA and I want to ask can I travel from india with that IPA letter, without any VISA.?? Thanks in advance, Will appreciate your help. Have a nice day ahead ;-)

IPA letter must have written that it's a single entry visa. So, IPA letter is enough for you to travel Singapore. Good luck

Hi Alpeshk!

Congratulations!. Though Ive never been To Singapore, but here are my two cents!

Currently, I am waiting on my EP Approval as well, which has got me doing alot of research on MoM and EP processes. If not wrong then IPA will serve as your one time entry to Singapore. As Surya mentioned, it must be written somewhere on the letter itself. Also be known that, IPA letter carries an expiry date (not sure whether its 2/6 months or more), but if you fail to honour the deadline and fail to enter Singapore within that stipulated time period then IPA letter, will stand revoked and there will be some consequences! Not sure what that might be? But either you'll have to get a new IPA letter with new expiry time from MoM or you'll have to start the whole EP process again.

So keep that in mind.

Like I said Im waiting for my EP. Needless to say Im going crazy for last one week with the status still showing pending. It looks like you just got yours! If you don't mind me asking. When was your EP applied on? And how long did it take for its approval to arrive?

Cheers,

Pranav

The IPA letter is both the approval of your work pass AND your entry visa to Singapore.
If you cannot (for any reason) enter within the vaidity of the IPA, your employer can extend the IPA validity. They should contact MoM and give a appropriate reason for the delay. If the IPA expires, your work pass is gone and your next application will be scrutinized to check whether you are more serious this time - so don't let that happen!

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Asharpvan it took my employer around 21 days for the approval,. I hope you will get your pass approval soon.
One question how do you come to know the status of the application? Is there any way to check the status for employee? Just curious to know.
Have a nice day ahead.

Alpeshk wrote:

One question how do you come to know the status of the application? Is there any way to check the status for employee? Just curious to know.

You should read the existing discussions before posting a questions, as this has been answered many times: You can log into the MoM website to check your status!

As mentioned by Beppi. This topic has already been covered.

But still if anyone visiting this thread

You the following link to find the same.

https://youtu.be/jbW_QQ_jTBo

Even though its an old video, basic essence remains till date