Applying for more permanent work while in Netherlands on a WHS

Hi Everyone!

My partner and I are looking to move and work in the Netherlands for a year or so. I just had a question in regards to the type of work we want to do over there.

We are from Australia, so we are allowed to work in the Netherlands under the Working Holiday Scheme. This will allow us to do jobs such as bartending, shop work etc.

What I'd like to know is if while we are in the Netherlands under the Working Holiday scheme, can we search for more permanent jobs in our fields (I would like a full time job in a museum) and if we find one, do we just have to apply for the residence permit to allow us to work in these more skilled, more permanent positions?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

See ind.nl/work

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

To answer your question, there is nothing to stop you looking for work.  However, no employer can take you on until you have the appropriate residence and work permit (MVV); you can not apply for MVV from within Holland, you would have to go home (or to another country) and apply from there.

The link from Ramses K will take you to the Dutch Government website that deals with this; there are many different types of work visas.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team