Teaching English

I'm interested in moving to Vietnam to teach English , preferably young adults , I'm looking at completing a TEFL  course in my home country of South Africa, I'm an not a teacher and do not have a teaching diploma or degree .

I completed a Train the Trainer certificate and was an instructor teaching adults in security awareness and firearms , so do have facilitator experience.

So my question is , are there positions available for non degreed people,  that would like to improve the lives of other people .

Thank you
Paul

To work legally I do believe you need a degree.

Of course, the demand is so high for English teachers that you are almost guaranteed to find work without one. Having a TEFL of some description will help. 

Not sure having good intentions is really relevant. People will snap you up to work for their school or whatnot regardless of what you write on a covering letter.

Okay well thanks for that info , I obviously want to be on right side of the law, being an ex police officer,  in just how I am and as for good intentions,  I've spent my life serving people or communities in one form or another,  so see no reason why I would want to alter that, just because I'm in another country. But thank you for the advice .

If you are interested in teaching, you should contact some schools and network, online before you arrive and face-to-face once you are here.

Nearly all schools in VN have an internet presence with their own website or Facebook page.

There are websites where you can browse ads and contact schools and post your CV if you want schools to contact you.

Just search for "vietnam teaching jobs", "vietnam English language schools", etc.

Take everything the schools tell you with a grain of salt though and don't agree to anything before arriving unless you're really certain it's a fantastic legitimate offer.

As mentioned above, there is a lot of demand, but mostly for kids. You can look into teaching IELTS and corporate classes as well, but there's simply less of that sort of work.

Wouldn't worry much about not having a degree as you seem to have an otherwise professional background. Schools are looking for responsible, flexible people with positive attitudes.

Thank you very much John, appreciate it 👍

Hello !
I also have a TEFL certificate.
You are lucky because you are from a country where English is an official language. There are lots and lots of demand for native speakers. Sometimes, you only need to have the right passport. For example, I've been told that I cannot work as an English teacher despite my TEFL degree and my experience, because I'm French.
If you do your TEFL certificate online, you can see that TEFL websites have job offers. You just need to contact them.
I did mine in myTEFL, and if I'm correct, you can apply for a job in Vietnam !
Good luck !