Car purchase in Valencia

Hi, we are looking to purchase a car in July 2019 when we relocate to Valencia from the UK. We will be applying for permanent residency after the three months as we have just purchased a villa in Lliria. We do not speak Spanish yet and was looking for advice on the criteria for purchasing a new or used vehicle. Any recommendations or advice please.

Buying a used car is something of a major pain in the ****.
You will probably need an agent (gestor) or Spanish-speaking friend to do it with you.
I´ve done it three times (1 car, 2 scooters) in Granada - you have to go to the Director General de Trafico in your area WITH THE SELLER to register the transfer in person, then (with the car) there were at least two other Local Authority Departments to visit  - this is what the internet says, and it sounds about right in my experience:
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Spai … n-in-Spain

I have bought and sold a few vehicles in the past 30 + years living in Spain.  Only once did I go with the buyer to various government offices to help him.  It was long and drawn out. Subsequently I used a gestor who did it all. 

No journeys for me to any office required nor producing the vehicle to any

NB. Oddly. The link shown by hangover agrees with my experience  rather than his

Thankyou for your reply. It looks like using a gestor is the way forward.