Libraries in BGC Manila

Hello everyone,

I am currently in Taiwan, but planning to visit the Philippines and spend one month in BGC to see if it's a viable option for a longer stay. The place looks nice and I definitely enjoy filipinos. My only problem is that I can't find any info online regarding the local libraries in the area.

It may seem unusual, but I spend every day at the library studying and drawing. I like the atmosphere and it's quiet. The question is... Is there a good library in the neighbourhood? If not, where do people actually go to study? Are there any similar facilities? Are they open to foreigners?

If there's nothing like that, what about Makati?

I'd appreciate it if any expats or local residents are willing to chime in.

The National Library in Manila and the libraries of the different universities. Foreigners are welcome but will need a letter of introduction. In some other libraries like in University of the Philippines, foreigners are allowed on wenesdays. Each university has its own policy.
In BGC I have never heard of libraries... in Makati there is the Ayala museum, maybe there, specially it is about paintings. But entrance is expensive, around 400 pesos.

amerjeen wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am currently in Taiwan, but planning to visit the Philippines and spend one month in BGC to see if it's a viable option for a longer stay. The place looks nice and I definitely enjoy filipinos. My only problem is that I can't find any info online regarding the local libraries in the area.

It may seem unusual, but I spend every day at the library studying and drawing. I like the atmosphere and it's quiet. The question is... Is there a good library in the neighbourhood? If not, where do people actually go to study? Are there any similar facilities? Are they open to foreigners?

If there's nothing like that, what about Makati?

I'd appreciate it if any expats or local residents are willing to chime in.

Here's a few

https://www.spot.ph/newsfeatures/the-la … 70223-lfrm

Thanks guys.

So basically there are no public libraries in BGC. Which is a big let down. Where do people/students stop to chill and study? Just coffee shop?

Thanks. I have checked that link already.

It seems like Makati is a better option when it comes to libraries.

Surprised there's nothing in BGC though.