The must-try activities in Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone,

Moving to Saudi Arabia is an exciting opportunity to discover a new culture and try things you might not even have heard of before. To make sure other expats and expats-to-be do not miss a thing, would you be able to answer the following questions on activities not-to-be-missed in Saudi Arabia?

What are the activities everyone must try at least once in Saudi Arabia?

What are the activities that one should partake in if they want to discover the local culture?

Are there any activities that are characteristic of Saudi Arabia?

Do you have an anecdote to share about any of the activities listed above?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla
May you live in peace of mind & heart!

1.     Perform Umra
2.     Perform Hajj
3.     Visit of holy places to explore the history
4.      Get in touch with Saudi Tourist Department
5.      Join Difference social groups (FB, snapchat, Meetup, etc )
6.      In touch with Expat local friends to plan any visit etc
7.      Explore major cities and taste the street food especially
8.      Visit /tourism neighboring countries
9.      Explore International companies (internship, volunteer, weekend work etc)
10.    Explore Cruise opportunities for traveling, earning enjoying

Please share any other option you have and I missed.

Best of luck

Nayab

Wonderful well organized, extremely safe, respecting women, planned and organized traffic system, vehicle testing system. Government offices are having easy process, very good system.

I love this country especially well organized and integrated.

What i didn't like is terrible weather extreme of summer / winter especially in Riyadh, i don't know about other places.

Hi
well ..Saudi Arabia is a big Country,and it is one of the biggest Arabian countries...
concerning Riyadh City....where i do live...it is big city with old centers and new centers..
downtown and new centers
it has the Modern buildings -old building ..you can see the old and new places in the same day
the natural of People are so friendly and Kinds
you can visit the desert and ride the Motors
you can visit the west Part and see some forests and many palms , nice weather there
you can visit the museum in downtown
Many Towers
Many Projects ongoing still like Metro-new Gardens
Many Coffey-shops
in the east part you can visit many Coffey-shops to have argeela(shisha)
it is big economic center
many things i can Add Later

to follow

A must try activity in Saudi Arabia must be Falconry at sun down in a 4x4. Taking part in the activity followed by a Mandi meal cooked in a pit underground and served inside a tent in the desert by an open log fire, followed by tea and coffee. This completes a comprehensive experience of the local culture and an activity that characterises Saudi Arabia. It's a wonderful experience that I can get used to...

Activity that everyone must partake at least once in Saudi Arabia is to practically rent a tent in the desert and live like a King. While you're at it, go ride a camel and experience traversing the sand dunes.

If you want to discover the local culture then visit exhibits and museums so you can enjoy the comfort of learning Saudi culture indoors. An alternative is partaking in the traditional dances, holding the swords, following the dance steps and sharing a drink of their traditional coffee. I got a chance to experience this when my company sponsored a special event that involved at the end of the program was a band performing traditional song and dance to their traditional music. It was really heartwarming.

Start seeking knowledge from the cradle up to the grave.

I found the following fascinating
1. Visit Saudi homes
2. Go for a Saudi wedding (the most boring event ever)
3. Camp out in the desert at night, especially at the edge of the world
4. Visit traditional market, including the Haraj new market
5. Eat kabsa out with friends, it's not like anything you previously knew

I would like to suggest few activites which i found interesting to be done in Saudi Arabia.

1. Buggy Ride / Quad Biking
2. BBQ in desert
3. Adventures and thriling long drives (Like Edge of the world)
4. Amateur Games (Like Deep Dive in Heet Cave, Riyadh, Snorelling in Jeddah)
5. Clubbing with community people
6. Social activities (Helping stranded Labors)
7. Book a resort (Isthraha) with swimming pool and enjoy.

How do you get to helping the stranded?

With a 4 by 4 lol

Definitely