The must-try activities in Malaysia

Hello everyone,

Moving to Malaysia is an exciting opportunity to discover a new culture and try things you might not even have heard of before. To make sure other expats and expats-to-be do not miss a thing, would you be able to answer the following questions on activities not-to-be-missed in Malaysia?

What are the activities everyone must try at least once in Malaysia?

What are the activities that one should partake in if they want to discover the local culture?

Are there any activities that are characteristic of Malaysia?

Do you have an anecdote to share about any of the activities listed above?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

Track day at the world class F1 race track in Sepang

Wow...Malaysia is the land of lots of food varieties..beautiful places to go and see and enjoy...nice people who respect foreigners.. U never feel, u r away from ur native home
.me from India.. I love Malaysia like anything.. U can live simply and u can live Royally too..come on dudes..let's enjoy

While not unique to only Malaysia, I really enjoyed the hawker food stands that are everywhere.  It amazes me how there are just so many of them and how these small businesses are able to survive when you consider the competition and relatively low price point of the food in general.  I am somewhat of a night owl and quite frankly nothing like that exists even here in San Francisco, a fairly top notch foody town.  Everything here pretty much shuts down at night fall, especially after say 9pm.  In KL, the Jalan Alor food was amazing, with its blocks of food stands ready to serve locals and tourists alike into the night hours.  Unfortunately, I missed the weekend night market at Jonker Street in Melaka this time around but it is def on my list when I return hopefully to take care of the final MM2H steps.

Not an option anymore. No F1 program in Malaysia for now.