The must-try activities in Egypt

Hello everyone,

Moving to Egypt is an exciting opportunity to discover a new culture and try things you might not even have heard of before. To make sure other expats and expats-to-be do not miss a thing, would you be able to answer the following questions on activities not-to-be-missed in Egypt?

What are the activities everyone must try at least once in Egypt?

What are the activities that one should partake in if they want to discover the local culture?

Are there any activities that are characteristic of Egypt?

Do you have an anecdote to share about any of the activities listed above?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

and where do I have to go to comment on this post

Hi Laady24,

Here itself. You don't have to go anywhere, just post your answer below mine.

Regards,
Bhavna

Walk by the Nile
Visit piramids and Sphinx
Visit old cairo
Citadel of Salah el-din
There are a lot of site seeing in Egypt all the above are in cairo if I want more or want to ask any thing I will tell you
Have a nice day 😊

Thanks for your kind reply to Must-Try Activities in Egypt.
The list contains any tourist would do once in Egypt. How about leisure activities, other than sight seeing and museum trips. I have been to Egypt more than 15 times in 5 years.
I normally come to Hurghada where I have an apartment to stay but other than shopping and swimming in the sea, there is very little to attract tourists year in year out. When I come, I would like to see more leisure activities - 5 a side football pitches, basket ball courts, badminton or tennis courts scattered around many empty spaces in and around the city. It is sad to see many youngsters kicking a stone (pretending it to be a Ball) around playing football, just need a bit of imagination and Egypt could be a wonderful place for visitors. Youngsters do not like shopping with their parents all evening or every evening. They want a bit of independence, to be away from parents  and join in team games whilst parents have time to do things they like doing etc.
Something to think about for the local authorities creating extra activities for children as well as adults in every town or city in Egypt.

wow it would take a whole day of writing to tell all I have see and done in Egypt
yes I go shopping but only to take things to the people that want them not for me except food and things I need for my flat or personal things
I have found things and places in Egypt that I was the only one in days to go there
Egypt is amazing I love the phonic Village about 15 times always different Alex and Luxor  and all the toumbs the valley of the kings and the valley of the Queens and Aswan and its Dam and the new city they found and Assuit  Cairo a million things to do Monzoura and the desert and Oasis
trips on the Nile in a faluka and cruse ship and tourist boat and the trains go all over as does the metro and perfume factories
and millions Sharkaa Helwan and the bathes and artsion wells  and old very old buildings statues
to much Maadi and the street singers  then Kan Kalelli and you can stay there for days and be lost
Attabah  and all the venders Egypt never stopts for things to do and see the Islands in the Nile
Banana Island and its one crocodile lol
Cairo Zoo you can leave out will make you sick and not many animals
the Cat Rescue in Ales and all the beautiful street cats
the North Coast in Alex and then Mersa Matruh and Sharm and Hurghada and Dahab any thing you want in Egypt and any price
to much more to mention

my spelling is awful sorry

I am sure there are plenty things to do for the tourist my dear. But where are the things to do for locals: old and young. In my capacity, i find these things boring cos its history. Once its gone its gone and hope it does not repeat itself.
I rather have more creative things for the local children to do. I have not seen a descent park in Hurghada where people can enjoy a hot summer day or have a picnic with the family.
There is a great park in Cairo, excellent facilities for locals and the tourists. Great place to be n be creative.
Probably we are both not at the same wavelength and have different interests. I m sure the things you have mentioned are beneficial to historians, but going to the same place many times becomes too tedious.

I thought of a hundred more things to do in Egypt
I always say I am going here or there and my local Egyptian friends
can we go we have never been will you take my children with you
and we and I do
but if you mean foreigners there is many places to just walk around shops and restaurants theaters games  in all the bigger towns Maadi and Cairo and many
many many others cater to them with expensive shops and salons restaurants bars and any thing you want is in Egypt for a price
you just have to know where

Thanx again,
But u r coming or repeating the same things, anaa rajulun (i am a man) with lots of energy to expend. I need sporting activities n outdoor things to do, where i do not need to think by looking at dead statues n wondering what the life could have been like very long time ago.
How much shopping can a man do?
We go to one shop n buy what we need n out of it asap. I know our female counter part love to shop - nothing wrong with it if u have the money n patience but for me its so boring.
I need sporting activities - pls don't mention gyms cos i need to know what am i gyming for? I need an activity where i need to use up my excess energy so i can have deep sleep at night times.
There is no place to jog cos so much pollution around, the only place i can go is the sea, but too many times, they r becoming too filthy. Food, i love and try to avoid eating too much... pls tell me what is there in Egypt for keeping healthy for young and old to do regularly.