What kind of jobs require a medical certification?

I heard from someone that medical certification is needed to get a job in Manila
Just a basic idea of the costs?
What line of work requires this certifications?
Thank you for any info you can share :)

Hi Reygatto,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get replies to your queries very soon.

Hi Reygattoo,
Most of the job offers require med certification. Background checks and etc. The normal requirements to apply for a job in the Philippines. Cost basically depends on the company's requirements.
Goodluck!

honeyclotte

Here's the general practice here:

After you've passed interviews for a job, your potential employer would ask for several clearances: police clearance, barangay clearance, NBI clearance, etc.  These you will have to pay for.

After you've done that, the employer will ask you to get a medical certification.  Usually, it's the employer who foots the bill.  The employer might give you a stub, and have you go to one of their accredited clinics. 

In the US, it might be considered an invasion of privacy to take medical testing for regular office day jobs.  But here, if your employer asks for it, you'd have to provide it.  My husband's employer required x-ray, urine, fecal, and blood samples, plus a hernia test.  He's not applying for the military or in the medical field.  It's for a call center company.