Move to Brazil

Hello folks.
I am 33 y.o. lady and I want to move to Brazil.
I speak English and French.
Is it easy to manage myself without speaking portugese?
Is it possible finfing a job? What sectors?
Is there any courses available with tourist visa?
Thanks in advance

Mcours wrote:

Hello folks.
Thanks in advance

Google Translate is ok. It is a little difficult with out any knowledge of Portuguese.
Must have a work visa to work. Check the board as to this question.
Need a Student via to attend school. (Can find Portuguese courses or tutor for Portuguese.
Have good reserve funds for expenses. Some area have high rents. Smaller towns cheaper.

Mcours,

It's pretty much impossible to obtain permanent residency in Brazil unless,
1. You're the spouse of a Brazilian citizen or permanent resident, or
2. You're the domestic partner of a Brazilian citizen or permanent resident, or
3. You're the parent of a Brazilian citizen or permanent resident, or
4. You have an employment contract in hand from a company in Brazil, and the contract has been approved by the Labor Ministry, or
5. You have significant funds that you intend to invest in a profitmaking business in Brazil that will create jobs for Brazilians, approved by the Labor Ministry.

Coming to Brazil and looking for a legal job when you get here won't work, unless you already have some very good contacts.

English may be of limited use in the larger cities, but this is a monolingual country, and it's very difficult to navigate without at least some basic Portuguese.

You can get a student visa if you are enrolled in a Portuguese language course approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture.  You'll be able to stay in Brazil until the end of the course,but you won't be allowed to work.

Texanbrazil wrote:
Mcours wrote:

Hello folks.
Thanks in advance

Google Translate is ok. It is a little difficult with out any knowledge of Portuguese.
Must have a work visa to work. Check the board as to this question.
Need a Student via to attend school. (Can find Portuguese courses or tutor for Portuguese.
Have good reserve funds for expenses. Some area have high rents. Smaller towns cheaper.

Hi thank you for your answer
May i know names of smaller towns?

There are many more smaller cities than large to mention. I would suggest looking at the information about Brazil and see where they are and what the culture is like.
Also read as to climate in the regions and any business. Many are farming, fishing, tourist, and such. Some are KM's from a much larger city.
If looking for schools you need to find BR approved schools for Student Visas.
Good luck.

In the old days you would find an executive, and  be on a beck in call until they moved into Brazil, and work as a secretary for that executive. 

Your best bet is to find someone who need your services for typing or editing.

Or get some European or North American clients to do web development.   So learn how to code.   And do not expect a windfall in terms of the rates Brazilians will pay you.  Get clients in the US.

Oi Mcours
I live in Sao Paulo & you're welcome to call on me anytime your passing through,
I will give you the city tour! As to smaller towns I have been enjoying the coastal towns of Sao Sebastiao, It's only a bus trip away from Sao Paulo - Camburi is a favourite - Lots of laid back folk, not too expensive, a surfers paradise, lots of yoga, nice food, boa vibes..

Smaller towns it all depends entirely on what you seek and the level of conveniences you will need.

There is one thing for sure, smaller towns do not have as much as competition for your language skills, as the pool of language instructors will tend to sway towards larger metropolitan areas ( and so it is the demand for such services, whether teaching gigs or free lance translation work ).

If I was to balance a competitive but generous job marketplace/gig marketplace, and yet be close to quality anciliary services such as health care, my best bet would be on second tier cities. 

Here are some  cities worth investigating, and I will restrict myself to Sao Paulo State. I heard Parana, Minas Gerais, and Santa Catarina are also good bets.  All of the below mentioned towns have English Wikipedia links ( although sparsely edited )

Campinas
Sorocaba
ABC Region ( Santo Andre/ Sao Bernardo do Campo /Sao Caetano do Sul ).
Sao Jose dos Campos
Ribeirao Preto
Sao Jose do Rio Preto
Araraquara
Santos

Then there are smaller towns most satelite cities to the aforementioned cities.   

Indaiatuba
Jau
Sumare
Valinhos
Vinhedo
Guaratingueta
Guaruja
Holambra ( strong Dutch-Brazilian Enclave )
Taubate
Franca
Bauru
Braganca Paulista
Rio Claro

On the Southern States, I heard great things about

Santa Catarina State
Blumenau ( this is Brazil's software factory, lots of small and medium sized firms , your skills could be in demand there ). Stronghold of Brazilian Germans.
Florianopolis ( some US expats there, more of a resort type of city, other than being the State's Capital )
Camboriu ( resort town )
Joinville - A Mill Town.

Parana State
Curitiba - Strong emphasis on Urban Zoning, Curbside Appeal, Housing. Lots of Universities. State Capital.  Parana grew on the heels of its agri-business and manufacturing, and it is coming out, beating Sao Paulo for corporate relocations.
Maringa. Nisseis and Sanseis love it there.
Londrina  - there as well
Paranagua - The Chinese are betting big on it they paid a handsome figure for the container terminal.
Cascavel

Rio Grande do Sul
Other than Porto Alegre, the Capital, I would mention Caxias do Sul, Pelotas, Santa Maria, Novo Hamburgo .