Exit issue

Hello!

Filipino expat here. My working visa will expire on June 13 2019 and I have sent an exit letter to HR for 38 day notice. My letter state that I will take  my masteral degree and my claas will start on July 2019. The problem is they will hold me until June 25 because the HR told me the company dont have money. (25 is payday of our company). Other option is they want me to leave Oman without my payoff and will just send the money on June 25 but I disagree because other cases of that situation they don't give the whole amount of their payoff. My question is do I have any legal solution in this case or are my company's doing according to Oman labor law?

Thank you.

Hi Aolia,

The employer is supposed to full and final settlement of all the outstanding dues of the employee who has quit and is leaving for good. This settlement has to be done prior to the departure of the exiting employee.

Never leave the country without taking the final settlement amount that is due to you. If you leave, then your likelihood of realising your dues would be almost nil.

You do have offical recourse - your embassy. Contact them and seek their guidance. They will assist you.

Thank you Sumitran.