Visa D on Hold for EU Blue Card application

Hello Folks,

Greetings from India!

My employer (Belgian Company) applied for EU Blue Card (from Belgium) for me in first week of April and I received the provisional work authorization (temporary work permit) within one month. Then I applied for long stay visa D through VFS from India. Now after one week of Visa D application, my application has been put on HOLD status.

Today, I received the letter from The Consular General of Belgium, Mumbai that my application has been put on hold at The Consular General of Belgium, Mumbai and has been submitted for a decision to Belgian Authorities.

I have my travel planned on 3rd June which is approaching soon. And, I don't have any idea that how much time will it take now to get a decision on my application.

Can anyone please share your experience of Visa D approval in case of Blue Card application? Any other feedback/help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hardik Boda

Hello,

Is there any moment on your application  ?

Hi Sujeeth,

There is no comment as such on my Visa application. I have learned from my immigration consultant that for EU Blue Card applicants, Visa D application is forwarded to Belgian Authorities for decision as part of standard process.

However, I am not sure about decision timeline yet. It shows as "processing"(roughly translated from french) in DOFI website.

Hi,

I am interested in travelling to Belgium soon. I hope my employer applies through EU Blue Card scheme.

What documents where requested from you by your employer before submitting the application? Did they ask you to submit medical certificate and police clearance certificate? These documents are usually asked in single permit permit applications. But do you think EU Blue Card is better than single permit?

Thanks.

Hi Hardik,

I have also got an offer from a company n Brussels. My employee also applied for a EU blue card around end of May. I would like to know some details. Can you please send me your contact to my mail id ***

I will keep you posted if there is any update on my EU blue card application.

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct