Moving to Thailand.

Currently living and working in South Africa.My wife being from Thailand and wants us to relocate years end.We have a four year old son. My concerns are school and jobs, any advice I know its a huge "question" but any advice will be much appreciated.
Regardse
erwin...

Hi jonathansom!

I think it would be easier if you asked more precise questions. Other members could help you accordingly!

Regards
Armand

Do not move unless you already have job lined up in Thailand because it is not easy to find work that pays a decent salary.

For job options you might Google search for:  jobsdb.co.th

If you want your child to receive a good education then private schools will be your best option and they are not cheap. You are looking at several hundred thousand baht per year depending on school.

Google search for: international school cost Bangkok.

Dear erwin
     Thailand it easy living for you and your son where's city that you must to live I live in thailand I can tell you about thailand

Hello, I am moving to Thailand in Decemeber and I take quite a bit of prescribed medication. The prices quoted by Bumrungrad hospital are quite expensive. Can any expat Aussies tell me if retirement in Thailand causes one to lose their NHS prescription benefits or can I return to OZ and have them filled?

raynzel wrote:

Hello, I am moving to Thailand in Decemeber and I take quite a bit of prescribed medication. The prices quoted by Bumrungrad hospital are quite expensive. Can any expat Aussies tell me if retirement in Thailand causes one to lose their NHS prescription benefits or can I return to OZ and have them filled?

Most but not all meds are available over the counter at pharmacies without going to doctor or hospital.

Thank you StrayDog I already knew I could buy the medicine in Thailand and also the prices.  What I want to know is can I come back to OZ annually and pick up medicine or do I lose my NHS benefits when I leave OZ.

Hello raynzel!

Maybe you should start a new thread on the Thailand forum.

Thank you,
Harmonie.

Lets put Chiang Mai on your list. It is a great place to live. Friendly people, lower cost of living, good climate, good medical care and easy to get around.

Welcome to Thailand.